Time

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

"Cockroach!"

A bunch of kids stand near the bar trying to stomp on something on the floor. Over the bar hangs a huge banner: FUMIGATION PARTY- FIND A COCKROACH, GET A FREE DRINK. Many kids approach the bar-- one of them drops a dead bug on it and smiles at the bartender.

Buffy and Willow sit on the couches nearby. Buffy stirs her drink idly, lost in thought.

"Hard to believe it's the fumigation party already..."

"Hmm?" Buffy replies not really paying attention.

"It's an annual tradition, the closing of the Bronze for a few days to nuke the cockroaches."

"Oh."

"It's a lot of fun. What's it like where you are?"

Buffy snaps herself out of her thoughts, "I'm sorry. I was just... thinking about... things. And stuff."

Willow nods, "Things and stuff. So we're talking
about a guy."

"Not exactly. For us to have a conversation about a guy, there would have to be a guy for us to have a conversation about. Was that a sentence?"

"You lack a guy?"

"I do. Which is fine, most of the time, but..."

"What about Angel?"

Buffy grimaces, "Angel. Yeah, I can see him in a relationship. Hi honey, you're in grave danger, see you next month."

Willow frowns agreeing, "He doesn't stay around much, it's true."

"He disappears! Every time. Tells me there's trouble then poof. Gone. But when he's around... It's like the lights dim everywhere else. You know how that happens with some guys?"

"Oh yeah."

And Willow gazes off at the dance floor where Xander is working out, dancing next to a rather pretty girl. Xander smiles at the girl. She nods, rather than smiles, back. He dances closer to her, shows her his best moves, then sees a large guy who is, in fact, dancing with the girl.

Without skipping a beat, he dances out of their lives and off the floor nearly colliding with...

"Please keep your extreme oafishness off my two hundred dollar shoes."

Xander jumps then frowns looking at Cordelia. "Sorry. I was just--"

"Getting off the floor before Annie Vega's boyfriend squashes you like a bug?"

"Oh, you saw that. Well, thanks for being so understanding and-- I don't know what everyone's talking about, that outfit doesn't make you look like a hooker."

Xander smiles, and turns to move but runs into someone.

"Hey Cordy I got two free- Oof."

Xander steadies Laney as she almost falls. She grips the glasses tighter hoping they don't slip out her hands.