Dead Date

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Buffy and Chambers are at the counter turning in their shoes. Xander, Willow, and Laney run up, breathless.

"Buffy, I'm glad we caught you." Willow says while holding onto the counter.

Chambers smiles, "Well, look at this. You guys are just showing up everywhere."

Buffy looks at them with wide eyes, "What are you doing here?"

Xander waves his hands frantically towards the door, "Quick, we've got to get to--"

Willow nudges him and glances over at Chambers.

Xander smiles quickly, "Uh, we thought it'd be fun to make this a double date.

He puts his arm around Laney. Laney looks at him like he's crazy then smiles and holds onto his waist realizing what was happening.

Willow frowns then covers it quickly, "Apparently I'm the third wheel."

Buffy looks at the two suspicious, "With you two? I didn't know you two were seeing each other?"

Laney nods, "Oh, yeah. Going on nine days now. We knew it would happen eventually and figured, hey, why fight it?"

Xander pulls Laney closer, "Yeah. We tried to hate each other but sometimes love just blossoms."

"You've hidden it so well." Buffy frowns still suspicious.

Xander whispers to Laney, "I don't think she's buying it."

"Ugh yeah sorry about that. We just didn't want anyone to know until we were sure of our feelings for each other."

Buffy's frown deepens as she opens her mouth to say something but is cut off by surprise looking at the two kiss. Laney holds onto Xander's shirt and pulls him down towards her. She crushes her lips onto his and their lips move in sync.

They kiss for a minute then pull away as someone clears their throat. Willow frowns with her arms crossed looking at the two. She knew something was going on between them.

Chambers has a polite smile as he throws his arm around Buffy's shoulder, "Actually, Buffy and I were just about to leave."

Xander smiles, "Hey, if you guys are exiting, maybe we should all go somewhere together."

"Gee, that is so nice of you to ask. But Chambers and I were kind of, well, Chambers and I."

Laney smiles, "Come on. We can go... some place. We can do... some things. It'll be a blast!"

Buffy frowns, "Where were you guys thinking?"

Xander shrugs, "Oh, there are so many options. You know what would be fun? I hear there's kind of like a party going on... At the cemetery."