Different

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Finally the field trip is over. Buffy, Willow and Xander sit together in the front row. A boy named Bobby squeezes in. Everyone inhales.

Xander smiles, "So tonight, you guys Bronze-bound?"

Willow sighs, "Didn't you get enough 'crowded and sweaty' at the Zoo?"

Buffy nods agreeing, "Yeah, that Reptile House was definitely working the not-so-fresh motif."

Kyle, Rhonda, Tor, Heidi, and Mick now the "HYENA PEOPLE" enter the bus. Kyle suddenly stops at Bobby, smiling darkly. Buffy and Willow sense trouble. Rhonda lifts Bobby's headphones, startling him.

"Hey, Bobby-- wanna go to the Bronze with us tonight?"

"Really-- me?"

Kyle smiles friendly, "Yeah, get there early and save us the table by the stage."

Bobby frowns, "But that means I'd have to get there by six thir... okay, thanks."

Rhonda lets the headphone snap back on his head as the Hyena People move confidently back to their reserved bus seats. Bobby now bounces his head with a private sense of acceptance.

Buffy grimaces, "Guess Shamu's found a new red rubber ball."

Lance enters the bus. His pants knee torn, limps to the back, hoping to find a seat. As he approaches, the Hyena People variously stretch out their legs or scoot to the aisle side of their seats, blocking Lance from sitting with them.

"Sorry, Lance."

The bus full of students crane their heads to see this. All are privately grateful it's not them receiving the icy cruelty of the So-shes.

"But... before..."

"Lance, look around. There's us- then there's you."

Rhonda pulls out a compact mirror and holds it up to Lance.

She smiles singing, "One of these things, Doesn't belong here..."

Kyle looks in the mirror then points.

"Oh yea-- see? It's the telephone pole with acne."

Tor, Heidi, and Mick burst out laughing at this, as Lance, humiliated, limps away.

Willow looks sadly, "That is so not okay."

Buffy turns back to see Xander snickering along with the Hyena People. She frowns then opens her mouth to say something until Xander looks away distracted.

Laney walks on the bus last once again. For some reason, this time Buffy thought she was a little different. Different energy.

Laney struts down the walkway and stops at Xander's seat. He sits with a smirk on his face as she leans down to his ear. Willow frowns deeply as she watches Laney's hand stroke against Xander's chest. She whispers into his ear and instantly interest sparks in his eyes. Buffy watches in horror and swears she hears a purr.