Mummies and Desire

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

KNOCK KNOCK.

Buffy opens the door to her house looking surprised as Giles saunters his way past her.

"Thank heavens you're home."

Buffy grimaces with a shrug, "Yup! Not at the dance. Not with my friends. Not with a life. What are you doing here? I thought we were gonna meet at the museum to find the bodyguard."

Giles frowns shaking his head, "No, he's already been found. In a school restroom... Mummified."

Buffy freezes immediately feeling totally and utterly confused. She stares at Giles as he paces back and forth.

"Okay, I don't get it. Why would the mummy kill her own bodyguard?"

"Well, I've cross-referenced, and, uh, I've looked at the pictograms anew. He was a guard alright. But it was his job to insure that the mummy didn't awaken and escape."

Buffy frowns, "So, Ampata translated wrong."

"Perhaps."

"Hold on a sec. She was wiggy about the seal from minute one."

Giles nods slowly still not understanding, "Yes, I suppose she was."

A thought comes to Buffy's head making her eyes widen, "Her trunks!"

She runs up the stairs without hesitation leaving Giles standing by the stairs in confusion.

"I beg your pardon?"

Shaking his head, Giles follows Buffy upstairs to find her opening Ampata's luggage.

"Here you look in this one and I'll look in that one."

Giles goes through Ampata's things with a frown, "It's certainly all boys' clothes. Why would a girl pack these?"

Buffy tears open the lock on the trunk and lifts the lid, "How 'bout this one? What kind of girl travels with a mummified corpse? And doesn't even pack a lipstick?"

...

"She's in ecstasy,
Her hollowed sky,
Pours down heavenly,
Fakes desire."

A group of girls enters the Bronze. Cordelia comes in behind them with Laney by her side and stops to look around.

"Wow best dressed again."

Laney scoffs, "Always. No doubt about it Cordy."

Cordelia glances over at Laney's cultural outfit. She was wearing a beautiful head scarf that went to her knees. Along with a strapless red tie like top and a colorful skirt. She was wearing blinged out sandals with an anklet and she had huge colorful diamond earrings.