Our Love Life Is Doomed

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Willow and Buffy watch as Xander puts Laney in her bed then they slowly make their way out her room. As Xander tucks her in, he moves a strand of hair behind her ear.

He moves to leave but is stopped by a hand holding his. He looks at Laney and sees her staring at him with a look he can't decipher.

"Alex... can you please stay?"

Xander nods as he kicks off his shoes then gets into the bed with her. His arms wrap around her waist from the back as he cuddles her. Her hands play with his fingers as she feels his heartbeat against her back.

"Alex..."

"Yeah Lane?"

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

She turns around and lays looking up at his face. Her hand caresses his face as she looks into his eyes.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you... and for ignoring you... I was scared... I haven't told anyone but sometimes I feel my animal instincts rise and I want to do bad things... if someone makes me upset I instantly want to tear their limbs off..."

A tear falls down her face as she continues, "I feel like a monster... I told them to k-kill- if it wasn't for me Bobby and Principal Flutie would still be here... it's all my fault. And Willow... what am I doing? I'm hooking up with her crush. I'm a horrible sister... I'm a horrible person."

Xander frowns and holds her face in his hands, "No you're not Lane. You literally risked your life to save her today... even with your concussion. And that's not your fault that she may have a slight crush on me. I feel horrible but I don't feel the same way. She's like a sister to me. I know it's weird that she's your actual sister and I'm okay with being with you but I just don't think I can ever be with Willow how she wants to be. I like you Laney. I know I'm not your usual type but I do like you. I'm not asking for you to date me I'm just asking you to forgive me... I know we talked about boundaries... I'm sorry that us being possessed almost passed the border. I care about you a lot Laney I don't want to lose you. What happened was terrible but it wasn't you. It wasn't me. I'm glad that you didn't kill Bobby and Flutie, I know it sucks that you were there and you saw it happen but you're not a horrible person. I don't hate you, Willow doesn't, Buffy sure doesn't, and I know for sure that Giles never will."

"Thanks Alex. And I'm not mad at you at all. It takes two to tango."

Xander laughs and pulls Laney closer to him. He kisses her forehead and then looks down at her smiling face.

She leans close as he looks at her and kisses his lips. The soft sweet kiss makes them both melt into each other's arms. Their lips slowly move in sync. Xander smiles as Laney rolls on top of him. His hands rest on her waist right above her butt.

"I think I am slowly starting to like you." Laney mumbles as she kisses his cheek.

Xander chuckles and kisses her nose, "I think I like you too."

The four kids sit together in the courtyard

The four kids sit together in the courtyard. Willow looks pretty glum.

"So we're going to the Bronze tonight? We three?"

Buffy nods at Xander, "It'll be fun."

"Willow? Fun? Remember fun? The thing when you smile?"

Willow shrugs, "I'm sorry, guys. I'm just thinking
about..."

"Malcolm?" Laney asks.

Willow nods, "Malcolm, Moloch, whatever he's
called. The one boy that's really liked me and he's a demon robot. What does that say about me?"

"It doesn't say anything about you."

"But I thought-- I mean I was really falling--"

Buffy smiles, "Hey. Did you forget? The one boy
I've had the hots for here turned out to be a vampire."

Xander nods, "Right! And the teacher I had a
crush on: giant praying mantis."

Laney chuckles as the two look over at her, "I guess we can count the hots for hyena boy here."

Xander chuckles as he throws his arm around her shoulders. And for once Willow wasn't disgusted.

Willow smiles brightly, "That's true..."

"It's life on the Hellmouth."

"Let's face it. None of us is ever going to have a normal, happy relationship." Buffy says cheerfully.

Xander laughs, "We're doomed!"

Willow smiles, "Yeah!"

They all laugh together.

Laney stops and frowns, "Wait why are we laughing"

Then it kind of sputters out, and they all sit there, incredibly depressed.