The Boy Who Cried For Someone To Love Him

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

"I want you to come back." Laney cries into the phone as she bites her lip, "But you can't. I'm so scared... I-I'm so terrified...Something bad happened."

"Tell me..."

Gasping awake, Laney sits up alarmed in her bed. She looks around her empty room confused. When and how she got up here?

Slowly moving off her bed, she opens her door and hears scuffling down stairs. Taking a deep breath, Laney makes her way down the stairs and peeks around the corner at the bottom of the stairs as she stares into the kitchen. She lets out a relieved sigh as she sees Buffy standing at the sink cutting fruit.

"Hey sleepy head."

Laney frowns confused. She looks around and notices all the mess was gone. No box. No roses. No heart. No blood. And now that she thought about it her clothes were different and the blood on her arms were completely gone. Not a trace of blood left over.

"Hi? Am I dreaming?"

"No." Buffy smiles sadly as she hands Laney a bowl of fruit and a glass of water, "Now sit and eat because I know you haven't. Apparently you haven't been eating for two days now."

"Who told you that?" Laney frowns sitting at the island.

"Oz and Cordelia."

Laney pouts and shrugs, "Well then... so what are you doing here?"

"I got a note. It said soon. I knew who it was immediately. I was so furious that I wanted to end things right at that moment. So last night after my mom went to bed, I put on some clothes and went ready for war. Looked all around town for A-angelus. All I found was Spike. And after giving him a few punches he blurted out to me that I should probably check on you. That I wasn't the only one with a gift."

Laney freezes and glances up at Buffy who stares at her with a raised eyebrow, "Oh... so you saw all that and I didn't clean myself and everything up?"

"Yeah in your dreams. Of course I saw it all. And Cordelia told me what happened the other night too-"

"What? She promised-"

"Don't be upset with her. I had to practically torture it out of her. You owe her a new makeup palette by the way. I stepped on her other one."

"Traitor..."

"And she was worried about you too. When I got here and saw everything I freaked out. Called her and asked her to come help. If I would've called Willow she would've freaked and I don't think she would've been able to help. Cordelia changed you and cleaned you up. I cleaned the kitchen."

Laney nods, "T-thanks Buffy..."

"I saw that you were on the phone with Colby..."

"Oh my gosh! What did he say? Please tell me he's not coming back right now?!"