Talk Of Cures And Futures

"Would you stop pacing around my room... you're making skid marks."

Angel freezes and glances towards Laney who is laying on her bed. Her head rests on Colby's lap as he sits with his back to her headboard. The three had been watching a movie before Laney accidentally mentioned Angel and Buffy going on a date. He immediately sat up and started to pace around nervously.

"I-I just don't think it's a good idea. I mean I'm no goo-"

"Dude you've been saying that since you met her. You haven't given her any reason not to trust you. You like her right?"

Angel sighs nodding at Colby, "Possibly more."

"Take the risk. You like her, she likes you. Start with something small. What's the wors-"

Laney lifts her hand to cover Colby's mouth, "Don't even get him started."

Angel playfully glares at Laney as she smiles at him, "Hilarious..." He thinks for a moment before nodding, "Alright I'll do it."

"Perfect I'm so proud of y-"

"Tomorrow."

Laney glares, "You wimp."

Colby chuckles shaking his head as he pats hers, "Down girl."

Laney pouts before rolling her eyes, "You better do it tomorrow, or I'm coming after you."

Angel rolls his eyes, "I'm so scared."

Laney raises an eyebrow and acts as if she is about to sit up making Angel speed out the window. Laney giggles before laying her head back down onto Colby. Her phone vibrates making her lift it and read a message from Angel.

'Thanks for the talk. Goodnight.'

Smiling she puts her phone down and turns to Colby, "You think we're setting them up for failure? I mean they're both so stubborn-"

"If it's meant to be, it'll be. There's nothing you can do that will hurt it. You can help but it's up to them and the universe."

"You always know what to say."

"I do, don't I?" He grins with a perfect smile.

Laney's eyes gleam as she gazes up at him, "Colby... I-"

"I know you're scared. But I'm not going anywhere."

Laney sits up and straddles Colby's thighs as his hands gently squeeze her hips. Her head falls on his chest as she listens to his calm heartbeat.

"I just don't want you to be in the middle. To be collateral damage. Or to be used against m-"

Colby grabs Laney's chin with one hand and pulls her face to his as his lips caress hers. She sighs in content as their lips move softly against one another.

"Laney I really like you..." He mumbles against her warm lips, "I can see life together with you. I don't want to let you go. I can't. I'm not afraid to die for you."

"You should be..." Laney's eyes water as she whispers, "I'm so scared. We've only been together for three months and I feel like if I lose you... I don't know what I would do. You're like my lifeline... and that shakes me to my core."

Colby kisses her forehead leaving his lips to linger for a few seconds.

"You're my life now, Laney. I will be by your side till the end."

Laney nods laying her head back in his chest. Their fingers intertwined as they rest by their sides.

"I need to talk to you about something else too." He murmurs nervously.