Serious as Cheese Fries

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Buffy walks into the Bronze. Angel sees her come in and goes over to her.

Buffy smiles lightly, "Hi."

"Hi."

"So, is there danger at the Bronze? Should I beware?"

Angel frowns in confusion with her tone, "I can't help thinking I've done something to make you angry. And that bothers me more than I'd like."

Buffy shakes her head, "I'm not angry. I don't know where that comes from."

"What are you afraid of? Me? Us?"

Buffy scoffs, "Could you contemplate getting over yourself for a second? There's no 'us'. Look, Angel, I'm sorry if I was supposed to spend the summer mooning over you, but I didn't. I moved on... To the living."

She heads over to Willow and Xander's table. Cordelia watches her go by, and wonders about her attitude. Laney walks out the bathroom and heads over at Cordelia.

"What's up with the face Cordy?"

"Buffy's being a bitch again. It's so weird. She literally just went off of Angel."

Laney frowns and glances over at Angel, "What why?"

"No idea."

Laney pulls Cordelia's arm and walks to Angel. She taps on his shoulder making him turn around and look at her in question.

"She's changed right? It's not just me that's she's upset with for whatever reason?"

Angel nods, "No it's not just you."

The three stand and watch as Buffy walks over to Willow and Xander.

Buffy smiles wifey as she stands beside Xander, "Hey!"

Xander smiles back, "Hi."

Willow glances at Angel who looked upset then noticed Cordelia and Laney standing beside him. All three stood and stared at Buffy as if examining her.

"What's wrong with Angel?"

Buffy shrugs not looking, "Beats me."

"Let's dance." Buffy pulls at Xander's shirt making him follow her to the dance floor.

"Ooo-kay."

Buffy and Xander begin to slow dance. Her movements are very sensual. Buffy turns around and spoons in against Xander, pulling his arms around her waist. She grinds her hips and shoulders against   She reaches up with her hand and strokes his face. Angel faces shows jealousy for a moment before he wears a blank stare. Willow just sits and watches in disbelief. Buffy smirks and continues her grinding as she sees Laney's eyes turn from stone cold to hurt within seconds.

Little by little Buffy turns to Xander and tilts her head up to his, close enough to kiss. Laney doesn't stay around to watch anymore. She pushes past Angel and runs out the Bronze ignoring the calls of Cordelia.