She's Different

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Willow and Xander come down the stairs. Buffy is not far behind them. Willow smiles as she sees Giles standing with Ms. Calendar.

"Giles!"

"Yo! G-man! What's up?"

Giles smiles at Willow then frowns at Xander, "Nice to see you. And don't ever call me that."

Jenny smiles, "Hi, kids."

"Hi!"

Buffy arrives now, too.

Giles smiles lightly, "How are you? Buffy: Live and kicking."

"Buffy killed a vampire last night."

Xander slaps his hand over Willow's mouth. They all look around to see if anyone overheard.

Buffy glares lightly, "Uh, I think you can get a little more volume if you speak from the diaphragm."

"Sorry."

Jenny whispers quietly, "We've got vampires? I thought the Hellmouth was closed."

Giles shakes his head, "Well, it's, it's closed, but not gone. Laney told me she had fought about five vampires the whole break. The mystical energy that emanates from it is still concentrated in this area."

Xander nods, "Which means we're still the undead's favorite party town."

"I wonder if they're here for any purpose, particularly."

Buffy shrugs, "You're the Watcher. I just work here."

Giles nods, "Yes, I-I must consult my books."

"Oh, eight minutes and thirty-three seconds, pay up." Xander laughs as Willow hands him a dollar, "I called ten minutes before you'd consult your books about something. Thanks."

Giles glances at the three then frowns, "Do any of you perhaps know where Laney is?"

Willow frowns lightly, "No she hasn't been home in a week which means she's with Cordelia. She doesn't really hang out with us anymore."

Xander clears his throat uncomfortably. The bell rings making Xander whisper thank god.

"We better get to class."

They all start making their way to their classes.

"Oh, uh, Buffy!"

She looks back at Giles in question.

"Uh, I realize you've only just returned, but when you're ready I-I think we should start your training again."

Buffy shakes her head, "I'm ready. I'll see you after school."

She starts to go again but Giles stammers, "Well, I-I-I understand if, if you want a few days to..."

"I'm ready."