Be My Deputy

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Buffy is by herself, putting her books away as Cordelia saunters down the hall handing out little chocolates.

"Remember who to vote for for May Queen. As in, me."

She reaches Harmony and shows her a chocolate.

"Isn't this the bomb? I'm such the campaign strategist."

A throat clears and Cordelia turns around to see Laney frowning with her arms crossed.

"I mean Laney is the strategist... thanks again."

Laney shakes her head with a smile as she looks at Cordelia's grimace.

Harmony reads on the chocolate looking confused, "C... For Cordelia?"

"No, 'C' for Wilma." Cordell says sarcastically.

Laney laughs looking back and forth between the two. Harmony frowns still confused.

"Of course it's for Cordelia, little brain. This way, people will associate me, Cordelia, with something sweet!"

As she talks she hands out a couple others, then reaches Buffy. She starts to hand her one and then thinks better of it.

"I don't think I need the loony fringe vote."

Laney frowns as Harmony and Cordelia continue walking away. Buffy looks over at Laney with a sad smile then shrugs.

"I don't even like chocolate."

"Well, that was the lamest comeback of our times..."

Buffy spins around to see Xander and Willow approach, together.

"Hey! What's Cordelia up to?"

Buffy looks over at Willow, "Bribery. She's desperate to be the May Queen."

Xander shakes his head as he walks over to Laney, "Cordelia, man... she does love titles."

Laney looks over at Xander with a smile as he throws his arm over her shoulder.

Out of nowhere Willow starts cracking up, "Oh, God, remember in sixth grade... the field trip? When Cordelia--"

Xander bursts out laughing, "--right, right, the guy with the antlers on his belt--"

Laney chuckles nodding, "Not gonna lie... that was pretty hilarious. No matter how much I love Cordy, her judgment that day was not the best."

They are totally into this. Buffy gamely tries to keep up.

Willow lowers her voice to sound like a guy, "Be my deputy!"

Xander throws his head back laughing louder, "And she had the... with the hat..."