Dead Body In The Locker

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Buffy enters, looking around her. It's elegant, full of dark wood, streaming sunlight, and books. It's also empty. She looks down at the check-out counter to see a folded up article. The headline reads: LOCAL BOYS STILL MISSING, with a blurry picture of three brothers.

Buffy wanders further in. She peers around a bookcase.

"Hello... Is anybody here?"

And someone touches her from behind. Startled, she spins around.

"Can I help you?"

A tall man with glasses replies. He is British, of middle age, with a quiet intensity.

"I was looking for some, well, books. I'm new."

"Miss Summers." The man says with curiosity written all over his face.

"Good call. I guess I'm the only new kid."

"I'm Mr. Giles, the librarian."

"Great. So you have, uh,-"

"I know what you're after."

He leads her to the check-out desk by the door. His office can be seen behind it. He pulls a book out and slides it toward Buffy. Huge leather bound, with a single word set in gild in the cover.

"VAMPYR"

Real concern floods Buffy's face, along with the understanding. She steps back from the desk, eyes on the librarian.

"That's not what I'm looking for."

"Are you sure?"

Buffy nods as she crosses her arms over her chest, "I'm way sure."

"My mistake."

He replaces the book under the counter.

"So, what is it you said-"

But she's gone. Giles shakes his head slightly then disappears into his office. A short girl with brunette hair walks out from behind the books in the back, and hurries over to the check out desk. She quickly hides behind it and pulls out the book Giles had shown the new girl.

Looking at the cover she frowns. Of course she had known about vampires from movies and books but why had it been so important to Mr. Giles to show the new girl.