I Don't Wanna Play No Games

3rd Person's POV

"Nothing crazy mister. Watch your hands."

Colby holds up his hands in surrender, "One dance Laney. Nothing crazy."

Laney bites the inside of her cheek as she slowly rests her hands on his shoulders.

"Flaws and all, I love 'em all, to me, you're perfect
Baby girl, you got it, girl, you got it, girl (Oh-oh)
You got it, girl, you got it, girl (Ooh)"

Laney's breath catches as she gasps in surprise. Colby lightly pulls her closer and wraps an arm around her waist as they sway to the music.

He sings lowly along with the song making Laney's cheeks redden.

"I don't wanna play no games, play no games
Fuck around, give you my last name (Oh)
Know you tired of the same damn thing
That's okay 'cause, baby, you."

Finally relaxing, feels Colby's hands rub her back lightly.

"You the only one I'm tryna make love to, pickin' and choosin'
They ain't really love you, runnin' games, usin'
All your stupid exes, they gon' call again
Tell 'em that a real man steppin' in."

Colby looks at Laney with an intense stare making her feel butterflies in her stomach. Out of all her past situations with guys, she could honestly say that this felt like a fast connection that some people would describe as love at first sight. Was Laney in love? No... but she could see Colby being in her life, and that scared her more than anything.

Seeing her face, Colby squeezes her waist lightly and shakes his head, "No thinking... just a dance."

Laney nods and let's out a sigh.

After another minute, the song ends and Colby moves away from Laney causing her to frown. He backs away slowly but freezes as Laney grips onto his hand pulling him back over to her.

"One dance that's all I asked for."

Laney stumbles over her words, "I know... But we can more if you want..."

Colby smiles mischievously, "I'm sorry Laney, I'm gonna need you to say those words."

Laney chuckles and rolls her eyes looking down. Colby puts his hand under her chin and raises her head so she looks into his eyes.

"C'mon..."

Laney sighs, "Colby, I would really like it if we kept dancing..."

Colby nods with a smirk, "All you had to do was ask."