Prowling

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

It's dark, crowded and noisy in the Bronze. A fairly thrashsome band holds forth on stage, blasting the kind of music that would cause major moshing in a rowdier crowd. Coffee bar in the back, and a balcony above with tables for two.

Buffy makes her way through, still looking about. A good looking guy spies her and waves, smiling. She smiles vaguely, waving back. A moment before she realizes he's waving to a guy right behind her. She attempts to turn her wave into fixing her hair, looking embarrassed.

Willow is getting a soda at the bar. She turns back to look at the band just as Buffy comes up to her.

"Hi!"

"Oh, hi! Hi."

"Are you here with someone?" Buffy asks as she looks around.

"No, I'm just here. I thought Xander was gonna show up..."

Buffy smiles, "Oh, are you guys going out?"

"No. We're just friends. We used to go out, but we broke up."

"How come?"

"He stole my barbie."

Buffy frowns looking confused.

"We were five."

"Oh." Buffy nods.

"I don't actually date a whole lot... lately."

"Why not?"

"Well, when I'm with a boy I like, it's hard for me to say anything cool, or witty, or at all... I can usually make a few vowel sounds, and then I have to go away."

"It's not that bad..."

"It is. I think boys are more interested in a girl who can talk."

"You really haven't been dating lately." Buffy laughs as Willow smiles sheepishly.

"It's probably easy for you."

"Oh, yeah. Real easy."

"I mean, you don't seem too shy."

"Well, my philosophy is– do you wanna hear my philosophy?"

"I do."

"Life is short."

"Life is short." Willow repeats as she looks at the band behind Buffy.

"Not original, I'll grant you. But it's true. Why waste time being all shy? Why worry about some guy and if he's gonna laugh at you? You know? Seize the moment. 'Cause tomorrow you might be dead."

"Oh... That's nice..."

Someone stands between them making them look at the person in shock.

"Um excuse you." Buffy says trying not to push aside the girl.