Have A Nice Summer

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

The gang listens to an excited Buffy as she relays her findings.

"It looked like Marcie's been there for months. It's where I found this."

She places the yearbook on the table, "Check it out."

The others crane around the table to see.

Willow looks at the page of signatures and frowns, "Oh my god..."

Written very clearly on the inside cover is "Have a nice summer" which was signed by more than a dozen people.

"Have a nice summer. Have a nice summer... This girl had no friends at all." Laney looks at the book in disbelief.

Giles frowns confused, "Once again I teeter at the
precipice of the generation gap."

Laney shrugs, "Have a nice summer is what you
write when you have nothing to say."

Xander nods, "It's the kiss of death."

Buffy eyebrows furrow as she looks at a set of signatures, "And you guys didn't know Marcie Ross?"

Xander shrugs, "Never met her, why?"

"Cause you both wrote it too."

Xander and Willow look, find their own signatures.

"Have a nice- yeeesh."

"Where am I? Oh. Have a great summer. See, I cared." Willow smiles sheepishly.

Buffy shakes her head, "But you don't remember her. Oh geez. Really Laney?"

Laney frowns, "What? What did I do?"

Buffy points to her signature. It was literally just Laney's name.

"Oh man."

Xander leans over her shoulder and grimaces looking at her signature, "Well we know who's next."

Xander points at Laney mouthing her name to Buffy as Laney rolls her eyes. Willow goes to her missing kids list and starts looking at Marcie's records.

"Well, we probably didn't see her except to sign the book, this is a big school--"

"Xander, we each had four classes with her last year!" Willow reads off Marcie's records.

Buffy looks at them musing, "And you never noticed her. And now she's invisible..."

"What, she turned invisible because no one noticed her?" Laney replies sarcastically.

"Of course!..."

Giles leaps up out of his chair and goes to a bookshelf near the stairs and pulls out a textbook: "Introduction to Quantum Mechanics."