Toasts To Being Tired Of Maturity

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Cordelia raises an eyebrow as she looks around at the packed frat house.

"You know what's so cool about college? The diversity. You've got all the rich people, and all the other people."

Laney rolls her eyes as Cordelia peps up spotting Richard.

"Richard!"

"Welcome, ladies." He hands them drinks.

Cordelia grins, "Thank you."

Buffy frowns looking down at the glass, "Oh, i-is there alcohol in this?"

Richard shrugs with a light smile, "Just a smidge."

"C'mon, Buffy, it's just a smidge."

Biting her lip in un-comfort, Buffy sets the drink down on a table behind her, "I'll just..."

Richard nods, "I understand. When I was your age I wasn't into grownup things either."

Laney scoffs lightly swishing the drink around in her hand, "Sure you weren't."

Buffy gives Laney a small nod of gratitude.

"Hello beautiful..."

Laney jumps slightly in fright as someone sneaks up behind her. Turning around she gets ready to curse a college boy out, but as she sees it's Colby she smiles lightly.

"It's you."

"It's me..."

"And it's me... over here, bored." Cordelia whines.

Laney raises her hand to flick Cordelia off making Buffy chuckle.

"Real cute Laney."

"I know I am."

Colby lightly takes the drink from Laney and sets it on a table before holding out a hand to her.

"Care for a tour beautiful."

Laney smiles forgetting everyone else was around and shrugs taking his hand, "Sure thing gorgeous."

Buffy's mouth drops as Colby pulls Laney away. She thought Laney would immediately shut the college boy down, but she was wrong.

Richard chuckles to himself shaking his head as he watches Colby and Laney disappear. He turns to Cordelia with a wide grin, "Have you seen our multi-media room?"

Cordelia smiles, "Oh, the one with the cherry walnut paneling and the two forty-eight-inch televisions on satellite feed? No. Wanna show me?"

Richard glances over at Buffy as Cordelia starts to pull him away, "What about..."

"Oh, her? She's happiest by herself."

They go off and leave Buffy standing with her arms crossed.