Who Do I Like?

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

The Bronze is crowded and more lively than usual. Xander and Willow are sitting at a table talking about something really important.

"You know how I feel about you. It's, uh, pretty obvious, isn't it? There's never been anyone else for me... but you. And we're good friends, and it's time to take the next step."

Willow is listening to him dreamily.

"Would you, um... date me? Oh that's good! Date me! It's terrible, right?"

Willow comes back to earth, "Huh? Oh, no! Oh, yes, 'date me' is silly..."

Xander frowns, "See, what I should do is I should just start with talking about the dance."

He clears his throat, "Y'know, Laney, Spring Fling just isn't any dance. It's a time for students to choose, um... a mate and then we can... observe their... mating rituals and tag them before they migrate. Just kill me!"

Willow smiles, "You're doing fine!"

Xander groans, "Why's it so hard? I should just walk up to her and say, 'Hey, I like you. Let's go to the dance together.'"

Xander can't help but think about saying that exact thing to Laney. But as soon as he pictures her she is instantly turned into someone else. Someone blonde.

Xander shakes his head and groans. He can't be thinking about Laney and Buffy. He thought he had this all figured out but lately his crush on Buffy had been coming back. He liked Laney so much he really did but Buffy was just something else. She was dangerous but sweet. Quiet but outgoing. She was beautiful.

He slaps himself and groans in annoyance, "I don't know what to do."

Willow sighs and smiles sadly trying to help, "Direct and to the point."

Xander frowns. Willow had no idea that he still had a crush on Buffy. He tried to push it out his head. Laney was... spectacular. He needed to ask her out and figure out his feelings before they changed again.

"I'm ready. I wanna do it now. I gotta do it now."

Willow frowns, "Oh, Laney's not here. You can practice on me some more."

Xander shakes his head, "No, no, I can't wait until tomorrow, I-I'll be thinking about it too much. Why didn't Laney show up tonight? What's she doing?"

"Oh, you know, the usual."

At the park, a car is parked in the distance with its windows all fogged up. Laney comes falling into the field of view in slow motion and hits the ground hard on her back and exhales. Inside a car nearby, Cordelia breaks off her kiss with Kevin.

"What was that?"

Kevin frowns, "What was what?"

Laney props herself up as a vampire approaches her and growls.