B2, Chapter 37: The border town incident (Announcement)

Author note: From here on, I have not yet proof read the story. I will be working on the edits but the future posts wouldn't reflect the changes I will be making. As this is my first book, it was a learning experience. Please forgive me for the grammatic errors and the mistakes I made. On the other hand, please enjoy the storyline :D

Along the way, his friends begged him to teach them the technique he created, but this time - though it was rare for him to keep his techniques from even his brothers - he declined.

"This skill requires a fire rune within your body to activate. I could teach you but, without it to help you control the power, you'll end up looking like that tree," he pointed.

And the runes within my body seemed... unique.

Kairos did not know why but he feels that no matter the Starfire Array or the Nine Heavens Frost Array that is resting in his Dantian is not something another person could develop.

It was not the existence of runes in one's Dantian that is unique but something about the arrays itself.

When he taught the Starfire rune to his friends previously, there were no dragons of pure Ki that appeared, nor did it do anything for them except circulating their Ki.

The others shuddered when they heard his reply. It is one thing when the target of his attack is a tree but imagining the gore when a being of flesh and blood implodes sends chills down their spines. Even still, their curiosity did not fade in the least and they asked how he created it.

Perhaps learning how Kairos creates combat arts would give them their own revelation in the future. Except, of course, at that time they will create something less horrifying.

"At the start, I toyed around with the fire's nature to consume things, but without a medium, the power is lacklustre. So... I directed another source to feed the flames, the tree itself.

For that, I kind of tried using the gravity-orientated concept from Jim's Secret Art, but the effect was much more than what I expected, as you've seen."

Well, technically energy fields instead of magnetic fields... but the concepts are the same.

"T...tried... using my Secret Art?! You mean you can use it?!!"

Kairos returned with a sheepish smile, but he never answered. Technically, he dabbled in the logic behind each Secret Art. Once he can understand it, creating similar techniques becomes possible. Unfortunately, it is hard to explain his ability to formulate new combat arts and cultivation methods. Kairos knows that this is far more astounding than to be able to use someone else's Secret Art and it is better to change the conversation topic.

"I just experimented with things. Unexpectedly, the result was pretty good, and the Ki consumption is pretty efficient."

Although the great oak was turned into dust, the energy he used was in fact only a small pocket of Ki used as catalyst.

Vouno who was listening carefully from the side, promptly stepped in. With crossed arms, he sternly warned the boys, "I advise you boys not to attempt something foolish like this. Unless you are very certain what you are doing creating new techniques is playing with fire. Even one wrong move in the process, your Ki will backflow and cause permanent damage to your Ki Centre."

"Uncle, then how are combat arts and cultivation methods created?"

The confused boys asked. They always thought these things are made from trial and error, and although that is not wrong, they underestimated just how perilous the process was. If their predecessors were not forced to a corner or had sufficient certainty of success, they would not have dabbled into making a new martial technique. Moreover, the creation process is a lifetime of study and tests, unlike what Kairos did that can only be called a reckless abandon.