Chapter 3: Pure-self Cultivation method

As Kairos poured over the old worn-down tome, he found himself having to decipher each pictogram letter carefully. After a while he has come to call the book, 'The Origin Manuscript', not only because of the contents he read within, but even the cover has a symbol of a spiral that simply seems to agree with the name.

From his understanding of the cultivation method mentioned within, he has come to understand the existence of the Origin Energy.

"This book says that Origin Energy is the actual source of energy for all martial arts, but if that is true, then everything we know is wrong!"

It is generally known that as cultivators rise through the ranks, the flesh will become stronger, gaining not only in energy but also improves one's vitality.

Not only does it allow a person to survive what was impossible before, but it also increases one's life span. Therefore, it is not strange to find practitioners who are centuries or even millennia old.

For ages past, practitioners have been calling this life energy the breath of life, Life Force, and they tirelessly sought ways to use it.

Unfortunately, eventually most deem Life Force as a passive form of energy, impossible to control, and the only way to tap a little into this potent energy is when the body comes to great harm. Usually, reducing one's life span in exchange for power.

However, the tome offers a solution unheard before, describing the body as merely the container of one's soul, and a vessel that is meant to be mastered. Through perfect control of one's soul over one's body, a person's dormant Life Force will awaken into a mouldable energy named after the tome as the Origin Energy.

Though it has some setbacks, it is a tremendous power which one could be harnessed and controlled without harming oneself.

A wave of excitement rushed through him over what he read; he could feel that this is the crucial turning point that they were waiting for. As he cautiously interpreted the pictograms, a set of martial incantation and instructions for cultivation mysteriously formed in his mind.

Kairos gasped involuntarily in shock at the information that seemed to appear in his mind as he realises how tremendous are the techniques contained within The Origin Manuscript.

Not only is there a way to use Origin Energy, but he will also be able to alter the capacities of his mind, and temper his body. When he reaches an advanced stage, even changing his hair or eye colour could be achieved with a simple thought.

However, the process is gruesome and arduous, as he trains his veins and tendons, build his muscles, restructure his bones, control his body's temperature, and re-route his brain's synapses.

A brief hesitation flashed across his eyes but is quickly replaced with determination. Gritting his teeth, Kairos pressed forward.

Following the instructions, the very first step to cultivating the Origin Energy is to position himself in his most natural sitting stance, adjusting his posture to reflect his state of mind and began increasing the synergy between his body and soul. As each person's mental and physical state are different, the Origin manuscripts explain how each person's most suitable cultivation method will slightly differ from one another.

This is quite unlike the lotus position that cultivators deem as the most efficient way to absorb Heavenly Energy, but nevertheless, it is already past the time for doubt.

"Cultivate your body by first cultivating your mind. Let your thoughts be as a peaceful lake, undisturbed even by the storm," Kairos chanted the martial incantation, and immediately fell into a strange trance. Although he still knows what is going on, his mind is freed of any other thoughts besides cultivation.