Chapter 35: A duel for the kitty

0815H

Indie Annie Jones.

Before Calculus revealed himself, he is the only known D ranker among the first years, and George was expecting him.

The sixty elites immediately surrounded him, though he appeared as composed as before. They attacked viciously without delay. His teammates barricaded themselves in the hill base gave no indications to help, despite seeing him outnumbered.

But what George saw next was beyond his wildest imaginations. Within just five minutes, the boy destroyed all semblances of rationality.

His strong and buffed body stood tall over all the unconscious bodies of his challengers.

Regardless of the number of swords he faced, he simply stood there, as unmovable as a boulder. His beautiful shimmering blade shards were hovering listlessly about him and ensured he remains untouchable.

His body build looks similar to Tommy, tough and strong, but it is his bone structure and meridian systems that had set him apart.

The prior grants an advantage in physical training and external martial arts, while the latter determines the potential in cultivating internal martial arts and the development of the Ki Centre.

With the expensive bone softening solution, it is possible to reform the body. If, one could endure the pain that accompanies it, and withstands the side-effects from overdosing the drugs. Whereas, the meridian systems are considered to be determined from birth.

It is rare to be gifted in both areas, but for Jones, he is so far superior to anyone else measured before, that all the instructors had tried to snatch him up as their disciple.

With every prestigious noble family and great clans opening up their arms to him, Jones picked one that could make him the quintessence of both internal and external schools of art. It is no doubt the hardest path to take, but the result shows that he has no problems raiding an entire base by himself.

.....

At the north ramparts, Tommy had just returned to Kairos' side after barely escaping. He had known that Jones is a genius and expected such an individual to be a powerful foe, but never did he think their difference in power would be this great.

With the bulk of Luciette's team rendered immobile, the situation on the north side has been controlled. The explosive-stuffed logs had blasted them into incoherence. Jim had timed his traps perfectly, his angles perfectly calculated and the strength and distance the bomb needs to travel are all perfect with his estimations.

In such a delicate situation, Jim knows he cannot afford even the tiniest mistake. Even if society abandons them, or exactly because there is death at every turn, they must make full use of their God-given talents and push through.

"Alright, Jim had succeeded. All forces charge!" Taking advantage of the momentum, Kairos launched an attack on their incapacitated foes. A small group of their most powerful fighters, jumped off the ramparts and attack, while the rest of his team continued raining down suppressive fire.

But at this moment, a resounding yell caused all parties to freeze like statues.

"George has been taken!!!" a voice cried out loudly.

All the defenders fell into astonished silence, and their faces paled.

The raiders, on the other hand, cheered loudly, erupting into shouts and declarations of victory.

"We won! Without George they are nothing!"

"This is the fastest victory. Ever!"

"HOOOORAHH!"