Chapter 60: Hide & Seek

"It seems like you children do have a bright future in this mortal realm. Even I could not see what type of attribute you are using, but it looks like an augmentation of two or three different types of energy.

In our immortal realms for having three affinities, you would be considered rather talented.

Too bad all of your bloodlines are so weak. Well, people with three affinities are aplenty up there so I will be scolded for bringing you up there. But your friend here is a different case," The old man says as he scrutinised Jones like he was a research material on a table.

"Good, good. I knew from the first time I placed my eyes on you that you have an exceptional constitution. Well, come with me to the Immortal Blue sect my young friend. You will have a bright future there!"

The old immortal flicked his finger again, and Jones suddenly found himself flying up into the air. The sight of him floating is unsurprising, since the old man himself is hovering in the air.

What was shocking was the immortal's intention to bring him back. Joining an immortal sect means a one-way ticket to becoming an immortal. To any martial practitioner, this is a dream come true! How many countless men and women have fallen just for a small chance to become an immortal?

However, Jones did not want to go.

His friends are here. The truth behind his father's death is still an unsolved mystery on his heart. And lastly, he had just resolved his internal conflict with his brother, Kairos.

He has no idea where this Immortal Blue sect is at, and even if he does know, it was like he was asked to be brought away, but forcefully taken. Therefore, there is no way he would willingly go with the old man. Which genius does not have a pride in their heart?

So what if this is an undefiable being for him?

So what if he can also become such a powerful individual by going with him?

He's confident to achieve it all on his own. From the beginning, Jones has only walked his own path. It's one thing to apply to a sect, and another if he is to be kidnapped.

Kairos looked at the scene before him with great surprise. This is the first time he ever saw an immortal after all, and his mind simply went blank for a while. However, when he saw Jones' expression and noticed his brother's unwillingness, he forcefully snapped out of it.

"Hey, old man! Where are you taking my friend?" Kairos shouted in the otherwise pregnant silence. His voice was fearlessly hostile, even though the immortal.

Everyone stared speechless at him, even the Orc King who is the strongest among them would not dare to shout at such a powerful being. They all felt like ants before him. With a single snub of his finger, they will surely die.

After all, that old immortal is someone who is able to easily dispel their ultimate attacks. Attacks that even that powerful Orc King could not withstand.

Yet Kairos didn't feel too impressed by the power this immortal commands. He was too infuriated by seeing his friend in need, to care.

"Let him go. Now!" He shouts once again, more like a direct command than an outburst. There was neither anger nor fear, but a composed voice, that was strong and steady, and with surprisingly majestic authority, though only a tinge.

Old Ye frowned, as an immortal who had lived over a thousand years, he had never been shouted at by a mere mortal, and this boy is so confident in his act, threw him off completely.

"What an impudent little boy! Do not raise your voice at me. Don't you know that in this world, the strong can do as they please? Besides, I am only taking your friend away to help him grow into a great immortal. You should be happy for him!" Old Ye explained. In fact, with his power, he had no need to say anything to Kairos, but somehow he felt an instinctual need to feed the boy with excuses.