Chapter 86: Pet shop (Part 3)

Alan laughed so hard that he had to hold his stomach in pain, "HAHAHA, your contract beast... Jim, aren't you a proud owner of a tiny bird?"

Jim's expression turned sour immediately, he looked at Kairos with eyes that said, 'could we choose another one?'

"Hahaha. Don't worry Jim, Aisa told me that I have a good eye for picking beasts."

When Kairos said that, Jim immediately calmed down. Even though Kairos did not say specifically how unique this rainbow parrot is, they could already guess that it isn't something ordinary.

Of course, he couldn't say that in front of the shop assistant, or else they wouldn't be able to purchase it at merely thirty Blue Silvers.

When the rainbow coloured crystal fell into Jim's hands, Aisa almost yelled in Kairos' mind for them to take it.

The correct name of this crystal egg is called the True Flame Heavenly Bird, but since the people in Saint Empire have a commonly found rainbow parakeet that lay eggs that looks similar, they couldn't really differentiate between these two.

"I think we're done here. Please bring us to the magical beasts section. I'll like to see the infants as well."

"Alright, please come along with me young sirs."

After the incident with the demonic kitten, the assistant is acting with his usual jovial self but now have a mix of indifference in his eyes. It was as though some parts of his personality or memory had been altered.

Tommy who is curious at his reactions brought the kitten before the young man's eyes and started asking questions about it.

"Take Tinny away from my face."

The reactions of the young man are entirely bewildering. When Aisa named the kitten Tinny, only Kairos heard her voice, but at this moment the young man said it out as if it is the most natural thing.

After this incident, Kairos stopped Tommy who is holding on to Timmy, the kitten from approaching the young man.

The group followed the assistant to the infant area of the magical beast section where many tiny spirit beast litters slept in cosy hand-made nests.

There are baby wyrms, wriggling sproutlings, large-eared gremlins and even snow apes.

When Edward walked closer towards one of the viewing crystal panels, a wind wyvern flew majestically downwards from the top of its stall, landing right in front of the surprised archer.

The other hatchlings in the room scurried back in haste, leaving it with a wide circle of space.

It preened itself proudly, its emerald scales glittering in the light of the room as it seems to wait for Edward to choose it.

"We'll take that one," Edward said without even asking for the price.

"That is a royal wind wyvern. Rather rare for its species and we seldom have one in store. Not only that, since it is a baby, it has great potential to grow into a divine beast, and it will set you back fifty White Gold... only."

Edward immediately turned and looked at Kairos with eyes asking for approval. After all, the money was made by their captain.

"Sure, we'll take it," Kairos agreed, also without hesitation.

"This wind wyvern is a female and is more violent than the male counterparts of the species. They are powerful and proud but fiercely loyal once it takes you as its master."

The assistant took out the beautiful glittering wyvern and handed it to Edward.

Till this point, no one realised how odd it is to be handed their pets without any form of protection, but everywhere in this shop, there are anti-hostility talismans placed for the protection of the customers.