Chapter 39: Editing your own martial arts?

At George's camp, as the guys continued with their preparation for the Orc's raid, Kairos signalled to his team over the loud, bustling work of the repairs.

The four saw him over from a distance, where they were overseeing the rebuilding work, and after giving short instructions to their men, they quickly gathered in the meeting room inside of their large square tent.

"I want to check with you guys, how far had you progressed on your cultivation and the creation of your own martial arts?"

Kairos could tell their cultivation level with a simple scan with his Soul Perception, so the others know it is not what he was asking. And they quickly got him up to date.

"I think I'm ready to reach the next rank, even now I can already feel the gates to enter it, and if I have about an hour to stabilise my power, it should be easy to reach it. I think the others are similar in this as well?" Alan asked, earning nods from the others, then he added, "Currently Tommy, Jim and I couldn't find out how to use the martial art skills you two can. How did you manage to do it, boss?"

"Well... I'm actually not certain. But, ever since I practised our cultivation method, I had been able to fiddle with martial skills... During the last battle with Jones, I tried to customise Edward's martial Incantation for myself, and it somehow worked out.

I simply switched a few things, maybe what you guys need to do is just to play around with it just like I did?"

Kairos said it like it's not a big deal, but the others appear to have black lines flowing down their faces. How could it be that easy!?

To create a skill, one requires extensive knowledge of the heavens and Earth, as well as being developed in one's Martial Way. Unfortunately, most creations either end up as a failure or becomes low-ranking martial arts. Who can do it so easily as he said?

Using Edward's Secret Art incantation as an example, the group began discussing their understanding of martial arts, and how chants work with their meridian systems.

Very soon, from their back and forth, Kairos derived the things they were lacking and gave them precise advice according to what suited each individual.

Almost intuitively, he pointed them in the right directions and helped correct any mistakes they made along the way.

Their faces changed from one of shock, to revelation, to astonishment. Finally, their faces seemingly stuck at being wide eyes and mouths ajar, as they stared at Kairos.

"Are you still a human being?" Alan asked in exasperation.

"W..Who... are you, where did you take our brother to!?!"

"WHOAAAAA... I CAN FEEL THE CHANGES INSIDE ME ALREADY"

"Quiet Tommy, I'm still trying to absorb what he said. Gosh even though I already have a martial art this is just incredible!"

"Well guys, it looks like your martial incantation will still need a while to complete, why don't you solidify your current internal energy and raise your battle strength first?

I have just the thing to do that here!" Kairos grinned and opened the bag which Alucard gave him.

A bunch of shimmering magic crystals falls onto the ground, and their shininess reflected off everyone's eyes. Never before did the boys saw up-close such richness until today. A bright glow of awe could be seen from their faces as they ogled at the beautiful and expensive gems.

Those crystals are the Orc's crystal essences that were collected previously and they consist of five D ranks, three E ranks, five F ranks, ten G ranks and twenty-five H ranks essences.