Chapter 71: Xuan Xian

Kairos who is in shut-eye meditation did not stir even after Aisa returned. He had over-used his concentration on the refinement of the weapons and is now recovering from his mental fatigue, and the best way for both mental and physical tiredness is by going into cultivation. The meditation process will quickly draw in surrounding Heavenly Energies into the body and refresh oneself much better than sleep.

In fact, if cultivators could, they would prefer to go into cultivation all the time because it feels extremely 'right' to do so. Unfortunately, they will still need rest as they are only mortals, and mortal cultivators do not have a perfect cycle of energy in their Ki Centre, nor could their meridians sustain without sleep.

Although he trained throughout the night, his progress was slow. For the past few days, Kairos had already been feeling that he had started his way towards rank D, but to enter that rank it is still quite a way off. Not to mention that the D rank is the first rank which practitioner can send internal energy outside of their body, and such an ability will require the body to adapt to a higher cultivation degree.

It is well known that the bottleneck before reaching D rank is one of the harder stages in cultivation. And the next most difficult bottleneck would be breaking through Peak B rank into Entry A rank.

By breaking through into A rank, a practitioner may use the excessive amount of internal energy to drift for short periods of time in the air or easily run across large bodies of water. This is something all practitioners look forward to!

To actually fly for short periods of time, one needs to breakthrough another bottleneck, and enter Entry S rank. Of course, for Kairos, these ranks are still too illustrious for him to think about.

As he struggled with his bottleneck, Aisa curled up at the corner of his room and started taking a snooze. Not only so, but his body was also reaching the limits of tempering at Man rank, Heaven grade.

After cultivating to refresh his mind, he had somehow gathered a pool of energy within himself, and because he couldn't find a good avenue to use this energy, he had started to concentrate on strengthening that fire Ki within his Dantian that looks like a dragon. The excess energy he has left are eagerly absorbed by the invisible runes now hidden beneath his skin.

Far above them, fifteen intruders rapidly dashed on the roof chased by an angry woman close behind them. They have somehow triggered an alarm even with all their care, and the matron had tracked them down.

Even the strongest of them are only at Peak B rank. They are in no way a match against the S ranked matron.

The people living below continued what they are doing peacefully, oblivious to the mad chase above.

The intruders activated their prepared seals like they were free, and also used every life-saving item they had just to get away. As their tears rolled down their cheeks and their hearts bleed from the cost, they scrambled to get away while yelping for dear life.

In the end, left on the roofs alone was a woman with her uniform nearly bursting from her bulging muscles, as she roared furiously like a beast that let its prey get away.

That night, quite a few residents had intense nightmares, and soon after there was a rumour of a demon lurking in the city.

The next day, after a peaceful night completely unaware of the danger that passed by their heads, Kairos got ready to go into town. He had long since planned to visit some of the families of his subordinates who had fallen during the exam.

Even if he successfully managed to keep the bulk of them alive under the endless onslaught of the Orcs, there are still fatalities. Although none of those eleven that fell during the Orc siege is from the Snowdrifts, they are still under the command of him at that time.