Chapter 87: The Contract Beasts (Part 1)

The beast shop's assistant slowly told the store manager what happened in details.

The information he gave on each of the beasts that were sold and the amount of money they received caused the shop manager to become more and more confounded by the situation.

"A cat demon? We don't have such a thing in the shop. And the snow stoat that arrived today, I didn't tell you about it, how would you know?"

In fact, many of the information that the young man told Kairos were things that he himself did not know, however, the young man did not for a second doubt that all the things he said and done were of his own will and in the end they did not realise the value of the contractual beasts they sold today.

They are still cheering the amount of profit they made in a single day and have soon forgotten the oddities for today's visit. The assistant himself is commended by the shop manager, and in the near future, he will be recommended as the assistant manager of the store.

But, if they had known the value of the contractual beasts that they sold today, everything would've turned out differently, and the owner of the store would be crying himself to sleep for many years to come.

High above the capital city of Saint Empire, the gigantic pair of eyes continued watching the group heading back to the dorm. A slight flicker of annoyance flashed across it, "Hmmm? It seems like they have finally noticed me."

The eyelids finally shut then it disappears like it was never there.

Back at Kairos' room, as the guys started splitting up the cultivation pills that they have bought while the infant beasts, the royal wyvern, the demon cat, the snow stoat and the small turtle went to play together with Aisa at a corner of the room.

The small white dragon stood there proudly as it watched the others mingles. When one of the small fellows started becoming rowdy, she would huff gently at it, and the tiny thing would slide backwards as if pushed back by a huge gust of wind.

The baby beasts immediately started making a game out of it, and even Aisa enjoyed puffing them backwards with her breath.

After receiving their share of training resources for the six months holidays, Kairos took the crystal eggs out from his robes one after another.

The first crystal is the golden egg they won from Calculus. Unlike the usual purple colour gem that the Orcs' eggs are, this crystal egg is unique in colour and the reason why Calculus brought it home.

The second one is the rainbow crystal egg of the heavenly parakeet, followed by the dull colourless crystal eggs, and.....?

What's this?

Kairos had pulled out another crystal egg from his robes, a yellow coloured one.

And then another. A red crystal

And afterwards a blue crystal, a green crystal and a silver crystal.

The others looked at him taking out these five coloured crystals with wide eyes, but even he himself has no idea how they ended up in his possession.

Aisa noticed this from far and bounced over to them and gently touched the gems with her claw.

Oooohhh! This is a Divine Mystic Fox gem (yellow), and this is a Nine Realms Hell Hound's gem (red), a Heavenly Lightning Kirin gem (blue), a True-life Hydra gem (green) and isn't this an Alastor's gem (silver)?

Yay! They will make fun hide-and-seek friends~ But, they'll be hard to hatch...

She did not question how they landed in his hands, but considering the chain of suspicious things that happened in the pet shop today, Kairos already concluded there is definitely tempering going on. However, what happened so far have greatly benefited the group.