Chapter 75: Trade Fair (Part 1)

Currency Value and Purchasing Power Guide

1 green copper = the price for a regular shirt

1 blue silver = 100 green coppers = a roundtrip overseas using a teleportation ward

1 White Gold = 100 blue silvers = the value of an average residence

1 Platinum = 100 White Gold = how much to get yourself a small castle

The display of different items on auction started quickly, but with the high standards of clans and master craftsman, the response for student-made trinkets was lukewarm.

Several items, however, did get some appreciation, and the names of their creators are noted down by the different master crafters.

One thing, however, stood out to the visitors of the academy. For some reason, all the students present in the auction hall dressed like commoners, although their clothes are still rather neat and surprisingly new. However, unlike the robes that many nobles prefer, it is plain of colour.

While this is an odd sight, most of the visitors did not mind this much, since this trade fair is done to bring the student business opportunities and it can either help a poor student discover his talents in the craftsman line or simply earn more money for his cultivating needs. After all their cultivation resources were never enough.

Having a lot of commoners in the auction hall isn't something strange at such an event.

As the items got revealed one by one, a gleaming and beautifully polished sword that radiated brightly on its own caught the attention of everyone in the hall. Compared to the previous items, this one is obviously a treasure.

"This eye-catching blade was forged with the combined efforts of the heirs of the Angelheart, Blue Frost and Northern Cross families.

Its material is the rare vortex metal (旋铁) and the grade of the inscription at Beast rank Xuan grade."

On hearing this, the entire hall gasp in stunned silence.

To inscribe on a high-grade material requires expert skill, not to mention that the blade was forged entirely of the Vortex Metal.

The weapons in Saint Empire are usually crafted from copper, iron, steel, green copper, vortex metal and the expensive black-gold steel, in ascending order of rarity and grade. There may be materials that are a few grades above this, but they are nearly impossible to find in the common market.

Having a created a weapon with the Vortex Metal shows how talented the blacksmith from the Blue frost family is.

The inscriptionists from the Northern Cross and Angelheart families are likewise just as talented since the top ranking inscriptions in the empire are only at the level of Beast rank Heaven grade currently.

Beast rank Xuan grade is something that even adult inscriptionists would find tricky to create.

However, everyone's surprise was brought to new heights by the next words of the auctioneer, "The inscription is a new type of rune produced by the Angelheart family. Therefore, there is none yet on the market, and the creators have stated that they will not divulge its blueprint onto the market. People who are interested in this weapon, kindly place your bids now. The minimum bid shall start at ten White Gold!"

Like how a hundred Green Coppers are equal to one blue silver, a hundred blue silver is equalled to a single White Gold. But despite the price, the bidding quickly heated up for the first time since the trade fair started.