Chapter 54: Blood feud

It had been misled!

The target of their vengeance had been the coward, hiding away from combat, all along. How dare that human child watch gleefully as proud warriors fall to his venomous plans. But, to exact justice would not be easy with the humans standing in their way.

Nay, it shall not let any more of its brethren die in a viper's snare.

The Orc armies stopped their assault as one, while a small group of elites - the Orc Knights – broke through the enemy forces and rushed to the front. In blurring speed, they surrounded Calculus' unit by forming a circle.

The students visibly paled. They had seen only when an Orc Knight took action on the field once, but it was enough to snub the arrogance of this particular group of nobles.

Although their leader could be considered the second highest ranked practitioner in the first years, they were entirely outmatched, even with the treasures their families had given them. If the Orc King decreed it, then no doubt this small group would be massacred before anyone else could help. After all, it is their own fault for standing apart from the rest.

However, with the Knights behind enemy lines, the Orcs would risk losing their strongest force.

The Orc Knights stood at attention, prepared to stop any human that comes close to the figure of the young Orc King appeared before Calculus.

It roared its challenge at Calculus, throwing the carcass of a pig towards him which lands before his feet.

Even without a means of communication, all that saw it understood that it is a duel that the Orc wants.

But those who know the Orc race well will understand that this is not just any kind of duel, but a sign of a blood feud. If this fight results in Calculus' loss or retreat, the Orcs will not stop until Calculus, and his clan are exterminated.

"Hahahaha! This stupid animal seeks to challenge Me? It truly lacks brains, as expected of mere monsters. How could a stupid beast be my match?" Calculus said while laughing, his cohort near him snickering in response.

"What can you expect from Orcs? They are no smarter than pigs," his supporter says.

"Exactly, hahaha. However, I must say that it does have good discerning abilities to notice my superiority and knows that I am the biggest threat here.

Well, dumb Orc, if you wish to die that much I'll be glad to send you straight to hell.

I will let you know your mistake of challenging me!

That all you are worth to me is the points from your severed head."

Calculus walked forward through the circle of his friends and picked up the dead pig.

In his mind, he is invincible. Even the two times he was defeated by Kairos was merely due to the peasant boy's foul trickery while Jones who does not have access to as many resources is someone he would eventually overcome. With how moronic the Orcs are, there is no way in hell he would lose.

Calculus daringly approached, stopping right in front of the one who dared to challenge him. Adjusting the bandana that concealed his shiny baldness one last time, he threw the dead pig back towards the Orc King's face.

The carcass was smashed into dust by a single backhand. Even so, Calculus walked bravely stared down the young Orc, not knowing that it is the legendary King of the Orcs.

He unsheathed his Chinese long sword as bloodlust rolled off from him.

The Orc King saw his body language and felt his insolence, and suddenly it wishes to smash that annoying human boy's face into the ground. It could respect a warrior that is brave, but this is different.