Chapter 38: The scent of War

Kairos secretly felt relieved that none of the four captains from Snowdrifts and his four buddies is here to hear this question. Otherwise, an argument will start and never end.

With a sigh, he replied honestly, "The Bagua formation Second Variation: Yin-Yang array, is a powerful attacking skill which leeches the power from everyone close by, but there were not enough people gathered to defeat Jones.

As you saw for yourself, even with that many people, we can only take out Calculus, and there was fewer present at the time Jones and I fought."

What Kairos said was the truth. However, he kept the more sensitive information to himself.

Those that were present had seen that the Second Variation comes with the ability to immobilise the enemies with immense pressure during the energy suction process. Otherwise, with such a long activation, the targets would have plenty of time to escape.

However, only he knows that the victim cannot be greater than the one controlling the array at the formation heart.

During the fight for George, it would be impossible for Kairos to use this method, especially since Jones was at mid D rank. On the other hand, Calculus who was higher ranked was truly unfortunate that there were enough people around to supply energy to the Bagua Second Variation, and his own teammates trapped him in the chaotic melee. If he had known, he would have fainted from the anger.

Of course, there are no stratagems without a weakness, and usually the stronger its effect was, the more distinct its flaw would become. There's no question that Kairos would choose to withhold telling everything, especially in the future, when everyone is rivals, they will be wary his Bagua formation and its Second Variation.

The War Tent broke into a boisterous discussion with everyone mumbling their opinions, but most had already chosen to place their trusts in him.

The Snowdrifts had already proven themselves on the battlefield, making their leader, Kairos, a far better candidate than the rest. Especially, his commands in saving Alucard's team and commemorating the three commoners who have died in his team have won him the hearts of both nobles and commoners. It was a far cry from the usual leaders these students were used to.

"You've all heard him! With this, I'm sure that everyone agrees to have Kairos as our commander. If nobody objects, we will make it official," Smaller Kitty says as he took a serious look around the tent.

The nodding heads acknowledged Kairos to become their new Red Team's Commander. Those that were secretly envious, or believed they could do better, stayed silent; knowing that they do not have any way to convince the rest otherwise.

"Well now... Let's have a celebration for our new leader and to clear up this grumpy mood!"

"Hey! You just want a party!" Small Kitty heartlessly exposed his plans.

"Oh, come on big bro, we have been so stressed up recently with all these different situations that woman lands us in," the other twin complained. Because the two looked identical, even in their posture and voice, it was a really odd scene that made the rest stare.

"Well, you're right on one thing. With Luciette as our opponent, everyone have been too stressed recently, and we really could use some time to relax, what do you think commander?"

After a moment silent, Kairos realised he was being asked.

"Uhhhh! Sure!" He says in a hurry and everyone laughs.

"REPORT!!" That dreaded word once again came intruding into the war tent.

"Oh man, what is it this time?" someone complained.