Chapter 58: One exits

The monster once again stomped its feet. This time, with only enough power to cause a small rock fly up off the ground.

When the rock reached a meter high, the Orc King reared back its arm and punched it with its full strength. And, with a sonic boom, it flew like a missile towards Calculus.

The power was no doubt able to shatter the rock, yet it somehow stayed as one.

It took a certain level of sensitivity to magic to know that when the Orc King touched the rock, it had envelope it with its mana, making it strong enough to sustain the impact and be used as a weapon. This was the same reason why their stone clubs wouldn't break from their overwhelming physical strength when swung around.

Calculus saw the rock flying towards him and felt a shadow of death drawing close. He had no illusion what will happen if he doesn't do anything, the force behind this missile hurling towards him will definitely cave his face in.

He looked at the animal standing there proud of itself after sending out the projectile. He saw those five idiots who he feels need to be put into place. He noticed how Luciette betrayed him with her indifference. But when he placed his eyes on the last person – the most important of them – Jones, his heart burned with an unquenchable rage. The one that he called his rival did not even care about him. As if he was All Along beneath notice!

Gritting his teeth, Calculus rubbed a piece of a yellow paper as thin as the cicada's wings between his fingers and ground it into dust.

"Your insolences, I have remembered all of..."

He disappeared in a blinding flash of light without managing to finish his sentence.

The rock sent back the Orc King flew past where his body was a moment ago and disappeared deep into the forest, causing a squawking flight of birds to raise in fear.

The rock continued and smashed through an entire row of trees, everything it struck shattered into pieces.

The Orc King stood motionlessly in the resulting silence, looking entirely confused at how the young boy could've disappeared. But, it is not the only one surprised, Jones and the rest of the poverty gang naturally does not know what it is either.

Then Luciette hissed in recognition, "Teleportation talisman!"

It is a costly, one-use item that even she herself had never seen before.

The Orc King tried tracing Calculus' scent, but quickly gave up and turned back facing the other children leaders. As long as they stop attacking, it will leave in peace. After all, it is strong enough to do so, and these children were never a threat to it.

The wound in the middle of its torso had already wholly closed up, and the wounds from multiple blood flowers that exploded outwards also healed without any scars.

Their opponent stood like a strong tower, they can barely hurt it, and any wounds merely close up in the blink of an eye. Even an entire army of C ranked Orc Knights would find it impossible to defeat.

They finally understand why the Orc King allowed so many into its arena.

Oppressive hopelessness engulfed them, but then, Jones suddenly attacked alone.

*smack*

Kairos and gang facepalm at Jones in unison.

"Hahahaha! Interesting! Try my greatest move," he shouted excitedly then chanted a shortened incantation,

"Sword that pierces the heavens and breaks apart the Earth. WORLD SWORD!"

A gigantic Sword appeared above him pointing towards the heavens. As he ran, the sword followed him overhead, then he raised both arms to grip the enormous sword of Ki, and with one fell swoop, he cleaves downwards.

Unlike the original World Sword, this time, Jones has imbued it with soul energy. Feeling the massive power in his hands, he realised that just a little bit of Origin Infusion increased the power of his attacks by at least twenty percent, and that is without using a proper method.

"Just what kind of power is this that Kairos is using?! I definitely have to ask him to teach me after this!"

The Orc King faced the attack seriously. The previous ease it had was completely gone. It felt a pressure, greater than any attack before, even the one that broke its magic barrier previously.

Since Jones attacked, it decided to continue the fight after all. It lowered its posture, pulling power from the very earth it stood upon. It strengthened itself with the energy and threw out a fist that released all the strength it gathered.

Unlike how it previously fought merely by its physical strength, this time its attack was imbued with the earth element making it simply incomparable to before. It was an earth-shattering punch at the limits of its power.

Their blows clashed in mid-air, exploding into great gusts of wind that sent a rain of yellowed leaves falling upon those below. Overwhelmed, Jones flew backwards like a kite with a broken string even as blood dripped out from his eyes and ears.

The full power of an Entry C rank Orc King's might is definitely far beyond the strength of a Peak D rank martial genius. Even though a single rank of difference proved unsurpassable.

Even Jones' final trump card – something that is already truly monstrous for his rank - is still unable to threaten the Orc King.

It continued to walk forward, striding towards its challenger. As the custom of a race of warriors, they will not stop the duel until it is over, and the fight is only over when one side surrenders or dies.

Seeing Jones' life lies in danger, Luciette finally decided to step forward. With a fling of her hand, she threw out five petals from a gleaming metallic-white flower.

Each petal that flew out quickly enlarged in size and they joined together into a small white shield that spiralled in the air in front of the Orc King, barring its way.

Since the young girl took action, the King now considered her as an opponent as well. It scrutinised the floating shield before it, then struck it cautiously with its sword.

A loud sound reverberated off the shield creating a terrible noise that caused everyone to hold their ears in pain, followed by a crack appearing across. This is a precious Xuan grade shield given to her by her family's patriarch, yet it could hardly block off a single blow.

After just one more hit by the orc, the shield broke apart with a great crack it shattered to pieces.

Luciette stepped back in shock. Her face became unnaturally pale, then suddenly, no longer able to hold herself up anymore, she fell unconscious to the ground.

Although this precious shield is incredibly powerful, it requires binding it with the user's lifeblood to activate it. Now that it's broken, the owner also lost a dangerous amount of life force, and her body automatically entered a state of unconsciousness to protect itself from the shock.

Finally, the fact that they have stirred the hornet's nest sets in.

"Idiot Jones," Kairos said loudly.

"Hey, lay off! Who knew that this Orc is such a beast?" Jones complained while trying to push himself up from where he landed.

"Bah! This is an Orc King!! Haven't you learnt what an Orc King is from history class?"

Kairos suddenly felt unnaturally tired, and he gave a loud sigh. He shouldn't need to ask – knowing Jones' character – there is no way his friend would have cared to attend the history class. How could he have known then, that the previous Orc King had single-handedly pushed back twenty over triple S practitioners by itself?