Chapter 31: Martial arts

"Our objective is to retake the East hill base. Our opponents will be weak and ready for our picking!

I understand you may be eager for glory and want to prove yourself, but remain patient. You may become unsatisfied if others get the limelight. However, I want everyone to follow our strategy absolutely. At any turn, if I find out you create problems in our team, you can be sure I will not spare any who jeopardise this operation."

After a pause as George carefully looked at the faces of each of his captains he continues.

"We will begin at 0800.

My team will spearhead this operation together with our strongest forces. If we can take down those thirty E rank blue team elites, everyone stands to gain a tremendous advantage.

We will leave the defence of our camp to Kairos since his teams are still recovering from their last battle. Three more teams will be assigned to him to guard the camp.

Kairos! With thirty-six men, can you secure our base?"

"Yes, Sir."

A prompt reply.

Good! Are all of you clear on your mission?" George looks around the war tent and confirms everyone's expression to firm and on the same page as him.

"Alright, take a break, and we will meet up again at 0600 tomorrow.

Kairos, your team, is scheduled to guard the camp, so you're not needed but come over anyway, you might be able to give us some ideas. Also, stay back a little while after this."

Soon, only the two of them are left in the war tent. Without waiting, George immediately asked, "You mentioned Berserker's pill previously? So, they did smuggle those pills in after all."

"Yes, Calculus ordered his teams to use it. Those were banned drugs?"

"Yes. I have heard that in order to achieve greater results than what they could, some of the students have purchased illegal drugs before this exam.

Although it was banned, it's possible for Calculus to bring it in since the body checks before this training exercise is more lenient on nobles."

"Wouldn't they be punished from that?"

"I don't think so. You have no idea how some nobles can leverage on their status.

Do you know why did Calculus ask everyone to use it?

The Berserker's Pill is a rather famous pill for improving each person's ability by a large amount, but it is an expensive drug to manufacture, not only so it will cause a lot of harm to the takers."

"I think it was a matter of pride for him. Right after we defeated five of their team members, he ordered it."

"This doesn't make sense, being defeated would not cause that much a reaction from Calculus...

Wait, just how were those five defeated?"

"Well... we lured them into our formation and punched their lights out. Since weapons have the impact-absorbing gel, we used our bare fists."

"That explains it! Calculus and those nobles under him are incredibly prideful. I know that you only wanted to defeat them quickly. However, it is a great insult not to use any martial arts and even more so when they consider their social status above yours.

You better watch your back from now on; you might be their number one target."

"I see, roger that," Kairos says. Despite the warning, the expression on his face remained unchanged. The most dangerous sort of opponent is those that are unexpected.