Chapter 95: Because you called me your brother

Dao.

Known as the search for the ultimate truth, and the enlightenment of the Heavenly Laws, it grants unbelievable power and longevity; even immortality is possible. It is no surprise that all martial practitioners are infatuated with it without exception.

The progress of one's Dao is measured by what is called the Martial Way, and the further one treads upon it, the more beneficial it is.

Not only will one have a stronger foundation that could hold up better against wayward temptations, but it also helps the person cultivate faster and climb higher than others.

Dao is a search of truth, and people participate in life-and-death combat, art, music, the study of magic, and a myriad of other activities to gain enlightenment.

What one derives from their experiences are the rules set by heaven, and these revelations often become concepts for cultivation.

The practitioner will test out this concept of theirs, again and again, refining it and becoming better at it, until they find their own truth. However, not everyone's Dao is equal.

Those with a Dao that is weak will be stuck sometime during their cultivation process, while those with a Dao that is strong will reach a higher level.

This is also why everyone was so surprised when Kairos and his group are all on the legendary Heavenly Path, the Dao that was deemed to be closest to the grand truth of heavenly laws. Such cultivators are like students with a cheating sheet during an exam, they could more easily refine their Dao with greater revelations of truth.

People on the Heavenly Path have long since been judged as legendary practitioners that are blessed by the heavens, but today, for some reason, the heavens have decided to repeatedly bless these boys, one after another.

It's as if it would not relent until everyone else dies from jealousy. The others looked at the six of them with faces almost turning green.

People really cannot compare what they have with other people.

Kairos and his group, however, know that this is not a blessing by some greater being, but because of the weird cultivation method, they have been using.

"Hah! It's my turn. Watch me destroy that armour suit," suddenly, Jones waved his hand and walked into the combat room that was just repaired.

In a short moment, he faced the suit of armour that is lying on the floor just as Kairos did before. The greater spirit repossessed the suit animating it in front of the boy.

"THOU ART THE TESTEE? HMM THOU ART A WORTHY ADVERSARY. I SHALL START OFF WITH THINE LEVEL, PEAK D RANK"

The examinee room instantly had an uproar. During the mock battlefield examination, he was only at Mid D.

Though the speed of Jones' cultivation has always been fast, it increased by leaps and bounds after following Kairos' cultivation method.

Since the spirit was contracted to test out a student's combat ability, it did not plan to use any martial skills against Jones. The reasoning behind this was because each skill varies greatly. If the Elemental attacked with a technique that is the weak point of a student, but the strong point of another, then they will be unfairly judged.

However, in the end, whether to use a combat skill is not something specified in its contract and is up to the spirit's decision.

The two clashed almost immediately, with a near-fervent delight.

It was a challenge of pure power with muscles against steel, yet it was the latter that was beaten back harshly. The physique of a genius like Jones can never be underestimated. The Greater Metal Spirit that did not know who its opponent is felt an unbelievable force from the boy. It was as though it had run into a charging Sky Cow. The metal twisted and crumbled from their first face-off.