Chapter 77: Trade fair (Part 3)

A metallic gleam flashed across the gathering hall as the auctioneer unsheathe a beautiful weapon before their eyes. The crowd turned quiet from the pure radiance and sharp aura the sword displayed.

Although the sword is the most common weapon in the Saint Empire and had a good market, the simplistic, unadorned, design of this particular blade made it obviously similar to Kairos' refined steel sword.

Its shape, size, colour, and even its material is a complete match with what Kairos prepared. For a rich heir to use such a low-grade material for his product, this is definitely a challenge from Calculus.

"Hmm...? For this bid, there are also ten steel swords submitted as a bundle. Each of these swords is made with an unknown technique using seals from the Devilheart family's research.

Once again, ladies and gentlemen, we have a new type of weapon, completely unheard of before, and as such we are unable to gauge its true value. However, we have rated to at the peak of Beast rank, Xuan grade, only half a step to Earth grade.

Since this is a new weapon and the creator have specifically requested a demonstration, so we will be testing out its power.

Please bring out another green copper stone."

"Ahem! My apologies for interrupting Ms Auctioneer," a loud and clear voice from an older gentleman yelled out from the observer's stand, disrupting the auctioning process momentarily.

"I represent my young master, Calculus, from the Devilheart house.

The item we submit requires a refined weapon to test against for the effect of the seal to truly activate. Our young master suggests using a weapon with powerful inscribed runes to display the limits of our sword better.

Kindly accept this prepared weapon to use for your demonstration."

The one who spoke is a steward of the Devilheart family. He picked up a wrapped bundle into his arms and brought it forth to the stage.

With a puzzled face, the auction lady received the bundle from him and unwrapped it. She involuntarily let out a soft gasp when a familiar-looking steel sword was revealed: One of the ten steel swords that the Dark Sword clan had won in the bid.

Those at the gathering hall had their jaws dropped to the ground when they noticed what happened. It is impossible to not recognise the weapon after all the hype earlier.

"Isn't this year's auction way too intense?"

Calculus had confidently sent a direct challenge against the most successful auction item so far, and most people simply loved to have a show.

"How daring! That refined steel sword is incredibly potent!"

Several of the family heads even nodded their approval for this action.

"The young generation needs to be like this after all! Challenging each other while continuing to grow."

Kairos who saw this scene stiffened as a bad feeling rose from within.

He quickly suppressed it and then looked calmly at his friends. Those that sat around him saw Kairos' calmness, and likewise, they also are influenced by him and calmed down.

"Let's see what they are up to first," he said.

The auctioneer held Calculus' sword gingerly in her hands then looked at the steward puzzledly.

"Is there anything special I need to take note of for your weapon?"

"Please go ahead and swing it against an activated refined sword."