Chapter 90: The Testing Crystal (Part 2)

Even the academy's staff felt what had happened before his eyes unbelievable, "The crystal cracked?"

He looked at the broken pieces of the silver halo on the floor. The glittering metal affirms that what just occurred was not his imaginations.

"Y...your soul power is beyond our measurement crystal," even though he was the one that told them the results, it felt farfetched to his ears.

The soul potential that Kairos have can be described with one word. Unmeasurable. He had a serious temptation to call out the one who said such ridiculous things as a liar until his brains finally clicked: if he refuted himself, he might receive pension the rest of his life for turning into a lunatic for his work. Fortunately, the temptation passed quickly.

The stronger one's soul is, the abler the person to absorb the Heavenly Energies and use the elements. This advantage will become more and more distinctive as a person's cultivation level increases. With this kind of soul power, Kairos can breathe in and out elements.

The ones in the hall are stunned into silence. Things happen around their student president and mostly brilliant beyond belief.

They expect to have gotten used to it by now, but the meaning behind a soul that could break the silver halo, the runes of measurement, still shook them to their core.

"There... there actually is no precedent of this happening... I'll get someone to inform the principal. The rest of you, don't stand just there gaping like fishes, we are continuing the aptitude test. Kairos, please wait a moment."

While there were no previous cases of the crystal cracking during the measurement process, there are still incidents where a crack appeared on it after years of wear and tear.

The staff member stepped forward to repair it, taking a bottle out of his robes and poured its content on the crack over the crystal. Shimmering crystal dust flowed down along with a blue solution, covering the damaged area and neatly reforming a perfect surface in no time at all.

Now all that is left is the silver metal pieces on the ground.

The halos that float around the large gem are actually powerful runes that scan each student that places their palm on the crystal surface and will react powerfully causing trembles and reverberations during the process. It is why the staff member has a bottle of crystal repairing solution on him.

He picked up all the broken runic metals on the ground and expertly placed them in a circle.

Unlike a cracked crystal, the occurrence of the halos breaking is much rarer. Fortunately, because Jones had broken a halo before, the school prepared a strengthening tool and a repair kit just in case.

When Jones first joined the academy, he had surprised all the instructors with his robust constitution. In order to find out the extent of his talent, they had bypassed the standard procedures and dragged him to one of these rooms to test him despite the costs.

On that day, what happened next made even the head instructors rush over to the school, as the red measuring halo for bloodline testing lies broken on the ground.

Since everyone knows that Jones will be taking the test again, they had prepared many things in advance. They just did not expect to use these things before the boy's turn.

The staff took out the repair kit, a small brown artefact that looked like a fossilised rock, and held it above the broken metal pieces. After infusing his internal energy into the artefact, the fractured pieces flew up into the air, hovering at a close distance with each other.

"Go," he gestured towards the crystal, and the runes flew around the large gem and re-joint itself. It took merely five minutes to repair everything.