Chapter 30: Mission report

Later that night, George summoned Kairos to the war tent after hearing things had settled down.

He promptly walked in, as if his injuries from two days ago were just insubstantial things. After increasing in rank, Kairos has more than fully recovered and is stronger than before. But, before he could fight with his full strength, he will need some more time to stabilise his internal energy that is like a wild, untamed horse right now.

"First, tell us the details of what happened during your mission," George says without delay, as his team crowded around Kairos.

Like everyone, the commander, George has to form a team of five for the Academy. The only difference is that his group is formed up by those who can take command of the red team in this exercise, and strictly only the top strategists and tacticians among the students could join. Because of this, he had to change teammates several times.

Kairos went into details of his report that he previously could not on account of his injuries.

He took a pair of tinted goggles and passed to George. This item is something that Kairos and the guys prepared beforehand to tell the strategists in the war camp as an excuse for being able to fight regardless of the flashbangs.

This is because the repercussions of telling everyone about Origin Energy would be too big to imagine.

While this excuse is good, but they did not know that the Runic crystal ball can review everything that happened on the training ground.

George took the tinted goggles and squinted. This is indeed a useful item to stop ambushes. Submit one of them to our engineers, and we will issue this to the guys if they can replicate more of it."

Kairos nods and continues, "Afterwards Alucard's team was lured away to handle the Orcs, Calculus' team started attacking us with weapons that do not have gel coating."

"What?! Do you know what you are saying?" George banged the table with his hand and shouted instantly, then seeing Kairos' face, he almost yelled as he said with his face beet red, "Let me tell you, the process to remove the gel coating will require at least two days!

The gel itself needs to be frozen for more than twenty-four hours and then burned under high heat for another twenty-four hours to extract it properly from the blades!"

Kairos looked at George's large reaction dumbfounded. He had not known what the removal process of the gel was, but he understands the implications.

"You mean to say that they have prepared bare blades beforehand?" Kairos says, his voice strangely calm as if he is talking about something that happened to another person.

"Don't be dense. It is a fact that they came at you to kill, not just attack you with sharp swords. And to do that, they had to plan to murder you at least two days ahead of the Orcs attack.

Do you remember offending anyone before?"

"No, not that I can think of currently."

"Well, I'm not certain if the target is just one person in your team or a few individuals, or the whole lot of you, but you better watch your backs from now on. Calculus is the type of noble that will not give up until he wins" George shakes his head as he says.

He felt a genuine respect for Kairos out of admiration of his abilities, and it would be a loss for the Empire if someone of such talents were to fall in a training exercise.

"I will submit a proposal to have you extracted from this training exercise. Now, tell me what happened next," George asked already calmed himself down, but his eyes could not hide the curiosity that shines brightly from within.