Chapter 93: Combat Room (Part 3)

Against an Entry C rank opponent, Kairos could not afford to be careless for a single moment.

Although it wasn't using any techniques, it is still at the same level as the Orc Knight which Jones had fought before. Unlike the Orc Knight, however, its forte is not in its physical strength but instead the toughness that metal encompasses.

As the power of the armour increases, the long sword it uses also became deadlier but with a smile on his face, Kairos allowed the Elemental to approach.

"Formless Style, borrowing the Heavens and returning a hell!"

As the long sword struck down at Kairos, he sent his Swallow to gently meet its edge. The two weapons met without any light or sound and were stuck together by moving in exact motions. It was like a piece of paper blown by the wind slapping onto the long sword.

Then Kairos channelled both weapons, accelerating them, and pulling them backwards towards himself where the long sword was aiming.

As the sword comes close to his flesh, he twirled his Swallow and bent his body backwards guiding both weapons to twirl as one.

The long sword that is now flat against the Swallow moved towards where Kairos wanted it, and like drawing a large circle in the air, he redirected the long sword to change directions.

*PANG*

The suit of armour heavily struck itself with its own long sword with the full might of its own Entry C ranked power.

"Formless Style, Dance of the raindrops."

Right as the suit of armour shuddered backwards by after hitting itself in the face, Kairos stepped forward and struck it rapidly. A rain of blows fell, and in an instant, the damage became several folds.

Each thrust was as powerful as his full-powered strike and the armour quickly crumbled into pieces once again. The greater spirit was amazed at its shell breaking apart repeatedly.

As an Elemental that wields metallurgy from birth, its forte lies in its durability, and this is an advantage which it holds above the other spirits of nature, but against the boy it became worthless.

After it reforming the suit, the greater spirit once again elevated its strength to the Mid C rank. In the corner of its unbeating heart, it felt tempted to know what the boy's limits are.

"Prepare thy self," it said in an almost enraptured tone and attacked.

This time when facing its rush, Kairos did not try to redirect the long sword but instead received every blow head on. To redirect an attack requires him to be much quicker than his opponent. Against assaults of Mid C rank speed and power, it is better to defend appropriately.

He immediately combined the Formless Style receiving method with the nullification method of the Formless Style and turn his guard into an iron wall.

Every strike that came was reflected and harmlessly rebounded against his Swallow. Not only that, three-quarters of the powerful impacts from the enemy were returned to the gauntlets that held the long sword, while the last quarter of impact is transferred harmlessly through Kairos' body and dissipated from his feet into the ground. Thanks to the defensive techniques, he could fight like this without tiring for a long time.

Meanwhile, the greater metal spirit felt as if it had been casting huge boulders into the ocean. Not even a ripple could be seen as the rocks sunk. In fact, it felt itself worn out swiftly while dealing with the unnaturally powerful recoils that flung its arms back further than they should.

And, each time its weapon rebounded, Kairos would press forward and strike it with great force. This way, even with his inferior strength, he could easily beat the armour back with only the power of Entry C rank after his Origin Infusion.