Chapter 29: The recovery

Unlike other practitioners that cultivate in the lotus stance, the boys all have their own unique natural positions during training. Half the reason for it is because they were self-taught cultivators and did not know there is a standard method to this.

The other half is because in their own cultivation stance, their natural state of body, mind and spirit is reflected, and they naturally assumed such positions. It is difficult to say if there are any differences in their training compared to others, but it indeed did not show much of a difference in their training at this point.

Just by studying their stance, one could understand a little more about the person that they are. Kairos' cultivation way is a calm and collected manner of sitting, with his hands resting on his legs and back leaned against something, just like reading a book under a tree.

His brother, Alan lies down on the flat in a dramatic manner, with his arms and legs wide apart to form the letter "Big" (大).

Right next to him is Tommy, looking as though he is asleep. With his face facing down, and his body straight like a log. When his friends asked why he chose such a position, he simply answered that it felt as though he is flying and it created a hilarious scene. But, nevertheless, Tommy continued his way.

Edward's stance is to sit cross-legged and cross-armed with his head slightly bowed down in thought showing his introvert nature. If one does not actively look for him, it would be difficult to spot him hiding in the corner. The archer says that only this way, he would feel safe even if he has to cultivate Heavenly Energy in the wild.

Jim's stance is the most unique among the guys as he squats with both his arms raised and two fingers of each hand positioned in the victory gesture.

Each of them took their place in one corner of the meeting room and started cultivating, trying not to laugh at the others' stance, although, somehow, they did not feel strange about their own.

Since they need to absorb the essence of the heavens and the Earth around them, staying too close together will slow down their cultivation speed. Though the difference is small, they sat away from each other.

Multiple hues started gathering and spiralled into each person. Each colour belongs to an element they have an affinity to. Kairos absorbed all sixteen different coloured energies, while the rest each called forth at least five different types.

Likewise, their recovery speed also increased depending on how many types of energy they can absorb, this means that Kairos has an advantage in drawing Heavenly Energy from the world.

After a while, Tommy and Jim who had the least wounds managed to recover most of their energies, and without tarry, they rushed to Alan's side.

The two boys looked uncertainly at each other, then gingerly placed their hands on their friend's body. Like they checked before, Alan had instinctively willed himself into stasis. Even if most of his superficial wounds have recovered and he is no longer in danger, without outside help, he will stay asleep indefinitely.

They started infusing a little bit of energy into him, worried if their actions might worsen his condition. But when their life force rushed into his Dantian, Alan started reacting, albeit only a little.

"It works!" The two cheered and began sending every bit of life force they could gather into their friend.

They each focused on one of Alan's arms as they tried to repair his blood vessels and broken meridian channels within.

While the meridian channels are used to hold energy and are much tougher than blood vessels, they are also the more difficult parts to restore.

After receiving the blow from the powerful Orc War Chief, not only his arms, but many parts of Alan's Meridian System had received extensive damage. If they do not help him fix this, he will not be able to practice martial arts in the future.