Chapter 48

Jaden looked towards the back yard and Luhan and Jongin playing ball outside with Jae after he woke up. Jae was a little shy at first seeing Jongin. A newcomer. A stranger getting along with his other father. But a few minutes in he began to open up.

But Sehun. He's Jaden's problem. Jae didn't even shy away from Sehun like he did other outsiders. He was comfortable.

Don't get Jaden wrong. He wants Jae to be able to get out of his shy bubble when he meets new people but Sehun, that was a sore spot.

He wasn't going to lie it did hurt.

When Jae saw Sehun. He got a hug.

A hug.

And the root of all his problems was sitting on the beach bench watching his son, Jongin and Luhan playing out on the grass.

Jaden looked down to the snacks he prepared for Jae. Some yogurt and a few cut up apples, strawberries and a banana. He walked to the back yard and set the snack down on the small picnic blanket he set out.

Jaden looked up and watched Jae score between Jongin legs. And his little man came running to him with s huge smile on his face. Jaden giggled, and Jae came running to him.

"Dada! Did you see?!". He exclaimed in excitement.

"Yeah, baby I did. That was a super awesome score". Jaden said grabbing Jae around his little waist. "And awesome soccer players need to eat". He said putting the yogurt in Jae's hands as he set Jae down beside himself.

He watched Jae messily eat the yogurt. He looked up to watch Luhan bring out crackers he made earlier. Luhan came over to the picnic blanket, after he tried so hard not to make it obvious how close him and Sehun was.

Jaden bit his lip and lowered his head to see Jae smiling up at him. He smiled back as Luhan sat down to grab an apple.

"We have two hours to get ready. It's almost 2". Luhan said. Jaden didn't miss the excitement in Luhan's voice as he watched him ruffle their sons hair.

"You can go. I'll stay back". Jaden said glancing up at the engaged couple.

Luhan frowned and looked at what Jaden was looking at. "What do you mean? Why? We had a deal remember, I go with you to attend your ex's engagement and you join me and the guys, taking Jae out. Why would you want to cancel?". Luhan asked confused. He sighed looking at Jaden. "Jay, you can't break your promises so easily. We haven't gone out as a family yet. Can we atleast get through this day for Jae?".

Jaden groaned in annoyance. Looking down at Jae. His heart became soft instantly at the big doe eyed look Jae gave him with yogurt all over his mouth. "Fine".

"Thank you". Luhan said making Jaden look at him confused. "I know you can't stand him but, thank you for tolerating him. It does mean a lot".

Jaden looked Luhan dead in the eyes. "Of course you'd say thank you for him. But just so you know, I'm only tolerating him for the sake of Jae and Jongin. That's it. Kai has been nice to me ever since I stepped for into your dorm room so it's out of respect for him, I'm playing nice. I just hope he knows what he's doing ".

" What's that supposed to mean? ". Luhan asked getting a little defensive.

Jaden got up from his spot," Don't worry about it ". He said before he walked off into the house.

Jaden was speeding through Jae's outfits. When a knock came from the door of Jae's room.

"I'm almost done picking out his outfit. Don't rush me it'll be qu-". Jaden stopped when he saw who was at the door. "What do you want?".