Chapter 30

Luhan got up "I'll go get you the low fat latte you like. Be right back".

Jay looked at Luhan with big eyes. As he watched him disappear into the line.

Jaden looked at Mrs. Xiao.

She frowned at what he was eating. "You've picked up some weight? You probably shouldn't be eating any of that".

He put the fork down and wiped his mouth with the napkin. Looking down at the table. Here she goes again.

"Jesus, your hair is unkempt, dark circles under your eyes. There's a thing called a concealer, that does the trick". She said looking him up and down. He shrunk back into the seat. Waiting for another Jab. "I'm surprised Luhan is still with you".

"Why's that?".

"Oh nothing just, I've been keeping track of the things he's been doing. The whole HunHan shipping. Looked cute too". She said with a dreamy voice.

She was fangirling at the shipping that nearly ruined their marriage.

"First off, I get it. You hate me. But what kind of mother are you? Aren't you proud at all? Everything he's done to achieve his dreams, to prove he's the best, does that mean nothing to you?". Jaden asked putting his hand around the warm cup.

"I am proud. I always knew he was the best. He didn't need to prove anything. That's the difference between the two of us. You allowed him to leave. He didn't need to". She cut him off.

"He had a dream, he followed it. I wasn't going to let him miss out on life because he was married to me. He asked me if I was okay with it. And I was. I still am. I don't know about you. But I'm proud of him. I'm proud of the person I married. I'm proud of the brother he became to his bandmates and I'm so damn proud of the father he's become". Jaden had a mouthful to say.

She gaped at him.

Luhan saw everything as he sat down, placing the latté down in front of her on a plate. He gave Jaden a kiss on the temple before turning to face his mother. His eyes were dark. "You've treated my husband with disrespect after I left. And you're going to apologize to him, right now if you want to be in my life".

Jaden looked up at Luhan with pride. He loved this man so much.

"I haven't done-".

A cry from under the table, made her jump along with Jaden.

His eye's went wide as he lifted. The car seat on the booths chair inbetween Luhan and him. He face the car seat to himself. Smiling at the fussy baby. "Hey, you, you've been a good boy". He said cooing down at his baby.

He un-strapped Jae slowly picking him up and took the bottle from the baby bag. Taking out the pacifier he replaced it with the bottle.

Mrs. Xiao looked at the baby then back at Luhan. So many questions.

Jaden looked up at her, then Luhan.

"This is Jae, he's our miracle baby. Your grandson". Luhan said leaning over to touch Jae's hand. His grip got stronger.

"You wanted to lie your way out of confrontation". Jaden said looking up at her again. "You put your hands on me cause I let Luhan follow his dreams he was too afraid to tell you it. You've kicked me like a dog when I was was down. Not knowing I had a miscarriage 3 days before you came into my home". Jaden raised his voice a bit making Jae squirm. He hushed his baby when he was done pouring his heart out to the woman who hurt him.

"What?". Was all that came out of her mouth. She looked at Luhan blinking away tears. "I didn't know".

Jaden sighed as he placed Jae over his shoulder to rub his back, and he heard the soft wind break. He smiled and replaced the bottle with the pacifier.