Chapter 27

A bit of an appreciation post.

Wow...! 2.41k views and 108 votes. To think a couple of days ago it was only a 100 views. Thank you guys so much for reading.
Like I love the fact that people vote. I didn't even think anyone would

But anywhooo... Comment section on this book is a bit dry😅. 🤷‍♀️😊🌸.

Happy reading...

____________________________________

He shifted his sleeping position. Luhan looked at him mother in law. "But I will give her a call".

"Mmm... Do that".

_________

(1 week later)

"Well Mr Xiao your cut seems clean and not infected at all. There will be tenderness around the area, but clean it off with luke warm water and salt okay. It should help. No soap or anything like that. But other than that You're a free man". Dr Jung said pulling the gown down after inspection over the cut.

"What about our son?". Luhan asked with a frown. He's snuck up there a couple of times to check on him. Scared the little one will disappear.

"Ah yes, urhm... He's going to have to stay at the hospital. But from what I can tell you is that. All his other organs are fine". He breathed a sigh then smiled.

"When do you think we'll be abled to take him home?". Jaden asked softly looking at Luhan before looking back at the doctor.

"Well, he's a fighter and if he goes through this month breathing on his own. He'll be free to go. Oh and his eyes. We're taking off the bandages when we remove the tubes".

Luhan gave Jay a big smile, "We get to go home and clean up. We can come back here everyday to check up on our baby's progress does that sound good to you?". Jay nod his head, getting up slowly. He took painfully slow steps because it does pain when he stretches to stand up a bit.

"Can we go and check on him?". Luhan asked the doctor.

"Yes, go ahead you know the way".

Jaden sat down on the wheelchair he was given. Luhan pushing him.

This time though, Jaden wanted to go closer. Which made Luhan smile cause the past week, he never wanted to go inside. Finally he gained the courage to.

He helped Jay by sterilizing his hands with sanitizers. And took the scrubs tying it around his body.

He helped him by offering up his arm to lean against incase he got too tired.

Jaden took a deep breath, giving Luhan a nod when he curled his hand into his arm to keep himself stead.

Luhan guided him past other healthy babies, to the very lonely spot in the room. Jaden let go of Luhan slowly making his own way further. "Hey are you-". Jaden shoved his hand away "Im fine". He offered a small smile before making his way to the incubator.

He shouldn't touch the glass but he couldn't help himself. He starred at the now too pink for his liking, little baby laying there blinded by the bandage over his eyes. His skin wasn't red and splotchy anymore. That was a relief for him. He smiled down at his little baby. You could fit him in a shoe box and there'd still be room.

He placed his hand into the glove, touching the little hand that laid limp before it curled gently and released again.

Luhan blinked. Moving closer. As far as he could tell. The baby almost never really reacted. Not even to his touch. He watched as Jaden let the hand down gently to roam over the little chest, giving it a slight rub before going to his toes that wiggle slightly to go back to its placate self.