Chapter 44

"Urhmmm... Blue". Jae said picking the wax crayon out for Jaden to take.

The two were lounging around in Jae's bedroom, coloring in and Jae as always having fun with it untill he gets a bit bored.

"Want to play some ball?". Luhan asked in the doorway. Jaden and Jae turned around to look at him. And Jae immediately hopped up from his tiny desk and chair running towards Luhan to take the ball.

Jaden shook his head, and slumped his shoulders before cleaning up a bit around Jae's desk before getting up to follow the two who was already downstairs in the yard.

And now it become clear that Luhan became the fun parent. He sighed as he stood at the sliding door and watched the two kick the ball around on the grass.

"Hey come play with us!". Luhan shouted as he kicked the ball back to Jae.

"No thanks, not really the athlete here". He said leaning against the frame.

"Look dada, look!". Jae said running, and nearly tripping over the ball as be kicked it between Luhan's legs.

Jaden smiled and clapped his hands as he watched the two bond more and more. And now they've become inseparable. Which is fine but now Jae drops everything just to hang out and be around Luhan ever since he got the toy he always wanted.

It was eating away at him but at the same time it made his heart melt just watching them interact.

He enjoyed the sight even further as he sat down on one of the long beach chairs.

____

Jaden drummed his fingers on the granite countertop. He hovered over his mother's contact. He took a big sigh. Trying his best to calm himself down. He waited a few rings before she picked it up.

"Hi honey! What's up?".

"Are you free right now? We really need to talk".

"Talk about what? I have a hair appointment in about two hours so I guess I'm free till then. Is everything okay? Is Jae coming over this weekend. We dont mind having him over".

"I'll meet you in 30".

"er-Urhm okay... See you then?".

He ended the call looking towards the backyard where Jae and Luhan sat in the small tent they pitched up eating away at the ice cream.

Jay bit his lip starring at the two. Both of them doing things he did as a kid when he was little with his own father. He smiled grabbing the keys from the bowl and made his way to the sliding door.

"Hey, I'm gonna head out for about an hour. Can you urhm...".

"-watch him? Sure. We are enjoying our time together. Aren't we Jae?".

"Yes!". Jae replied licking the corner of his mouth clean of the ice cream.

Jaden chuckled bending down on his knees, leaning into the tent. He ran his hand through Jae's hair. "Behave okay".

"Okay dada".

"Give me a kiss". Jaden tapped his cheek. And Jae leaned foreward planting a cold kiss on it. Jaden chuckled kissing Jae's cheek in return. "Be back soon".

He turned to look at Luhan. "If anything-".

"I'll call".

"Okay". He said getting up and walking around the house to the front yard.

____________

Jaden walked into his parents house. Slamming the door shut. He looked around the living room and didn't find them.