Chapter Five: Hurt

****TW: Violence/Abuse****

Friday evening Moon was getting ready for work. His mood was down, as he had waited for Yuth to text him the entire week. He was finally letting go of the thought that the man liked him. He had gotten his hopes up too much.

Before he could grab his house keys, someone knocked on the door.

When he opened the door he froze, regretting it. "Sakda." His ex was supposed to be in Bangkok at his new job. He was the last person Moon expected to see at his house.

"We need to talk." Sakda walked in without asking.

"No we don't. Please leave." Moon stayed by the door and Sakda turned to see that he wasn't following him.

"Okay. We can do this here then." Sakda put a hand on the door and pushed as hard as he could, slamming it shut. "My friend said he saw you with someone last weekend in Bangkok." He stared at the boy angrily, wanting some sort of response even though he knew what he wanted to do.

Moon nervously stared at the ground, his eyes not being able to focus on one spot. "W-we're not together anymore...it doesn't matter."

"Not together?" Sakda pushed the boy towards the living room, pushing his shoulder over and over until Moon fell into a wall. "I told you that we aren't done until I say we are."

"Sakda..."

"You wanna go and make me look stupid, don't you? You never wanted to sleep with me but you'll bend over for some random guy?" Sakda angrily poked at his chest. His words were spewing from in between his teeth.

"N-no...I just-"

SLAP!

Moon's face turned to the right, numb from the hard hand.

"I loved you. And you want to treat me like that? Look at all I've done for you!" In reality, Sakda had never done anything meaningful for Moon. He simply treated him to fancy meals and fancy trips, then abused him when no one was looking. Moon didn't need anything but for someone to love him back.

Moon stayed silent as Sakda raised his hand again, causing the boy to flinch.

"I never thought you'd do this to me." Sakda was in tears of rage, while Moon was crying tears of pain. The abuser grabbed Moon by the shirt with both fists and pushed him against a corner, this time making Moon hit his head. The boy became dizzy, but tried to keep his head up.

"Sakda..."

Before the boy could say anything else he felt a strong force at the side of his face. A fist. He wanted to fall, but Sakda kept him up, giving him another blow to the same spot.

Moon's face hurt so bad already, and his eyes were blurry from the tears. He tried to run, but his ex had a strong grip. The boy slid to the floor, leaving a trail of blood on the wall where his head was. Sakda tossed him to the floor. He was just getting started.

Moon raised his hands in some sort of defense, but Sakda pushed them out of the way and began wailing on Moon's face. "You're a fucking whore!"

The boy faded in and out, trying to reach for anything to use as a weapon, but couldn't find anything. Then he stopped moving.

It was as if he was paralyzed and couldn't move. His eyes were barely open, and he couldn't say anything, but was screaming inside.

Sakda hit him over and over again, but Moon had nothing left. No one was coming. No one was going to save him.

Stop...

Tears streamed down his face and onto the floor as he blacked out from the pain.

****Scene Over****
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pink was at the food stall waiting for the dinner rush to begin, while wondering where Moon was. She really wanted Yuth to talk to him, and she couldn't wait to set the plan into action.

Then it came. The phone call that no mother wants to get.

Kas had gone to their house unannounced to see if he could borrow some notes for a class he and Moon were taking. The front door was open, though. He knew something was wrong immediately, and his fears were confirmed as soon as he walked in, moving towards the living room. He had discovered Moon.

"What...What happened?" Pink was in utter shock, and felt like collapsing.

As the woman began shutting down her stall, Yuth was walking up to her. "Pink? What's wrong?"

"I can't...I...I have to go." The woman didn't look at him and put everything away as he stood there, confused.

"Pink...what happened?"

She took off her apron and walked around to him. "I have to go. I have to go now." Her eyes were wide, and she was trying not to cry in such a public place.

Yuth had his hands on her shoulders, nodding. "Okay. Where do you need to go?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The ambulance that Moon was in arrived at the same time they did. Kas was already there, outside and talking to a cop, but Pink was only trying to see her son.

She followed them into the ER, with Yuth trailing behind her. The EMTs announced his vitals to the ER doctors and they took him beyond a pair of doors that Pink and Yuth couldn't go through.

Pink broke down, but Yuth caught her and held her up best he could. "My baby..." Her crying made Yuth want to cry. She was a mother, after all, and he remembered the feeling of that motherly love.

He held her close and patted her back to try and comfort her in the hallway.

When Moon was finally moved to a hospital bed, the doctor explained to Pink that Moon might not wake up right away and it could take days, but that he'll be okay. She sighed in relief as she held Moon's hand, trying to keep it together.

Kas pulled Pink out of the room to talk about what happened, leaving Yuth and Moon alone.

Moon's face was unrecognizable with all of the cuts, bruises and swelling. Someone had done such horrible things to his salapao, and he couldn't take it.

He held Moon's hand in both of his, rubbing it with his thumbs where he saw small scuffs. "It's okay. It's going to be okay. I'm here for you."