Chapter Thirty: I Love You...

Nine months passed for the couple and the people in their lives. They had more cases, and helped more people. They had more fun together, and went through milestones together. They grew closer as a team, and as friends. Time passed, but they stayed the same.

Moon never told Yuth that he remembered him. He didn't want to bring back any horrible memories for the man.

Nin had spoken to Moon after a while, but if he mentioned Yuth she would simply ignore the subject. Moon suspected that she still didn't like his boss.

Moon and Yuth had dinner with Sun and his boyfriend at least twice a month. Sun approved of their relationship, and wished them the best. Sun's boyfriend had proposed, and he wanted Moon to be his best man.

Chatri and Kas grew closer, and eventually Kas had forgiven Chatri enough to give him a second chance. They started slow, and things began picking up. Yuth and Moon caught them many times being playful in the office when they thought no one was looking. No one bothered them, though, because who would want to interrupt their happiness?

Dao entered a new relationship with a man, Hon, whom Kusa introduced her to. He was a barista at Kusa's café and they hit it off immediately. He swept her off her feet, quite literally...when she slipped on the freshly mopped floors at the café.

Rune became even more spoiled with Moon as his new uncle. He bragged about him to all of his classmates, and often drew family pictures to hang on the fridge. They had family dinners with Kiet and Kusa, and of course, would have to play games afterwards.

Everything had finally fallen into place, and Yuth was enjoying his new life. But he hadn't forgotten about the missing pieces.

Chimlin and Pink.

Both of them were missing out on so much, and he had yet to avenge their deaths.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On a bright and sunny Monday morning, Moon was sipping on his coffee and sitting at his desk. He couldn't be with Yuth 24/7. They still had work to do. That wouldn't stop him from dropping in every now and then, though.

Moon peeked in Yuth's office, where he found the man on the phone at his desk. He smiled at the boy who was at the door. "Yes, please, and thank you." He hung up the phone and they both met in the middle of the office. "What brings you here?"

"I missed you." Moon pouted, and stuck out his lips for his boss to peck at.

Yuth gave the boy a long kiss before letting him go. "Do you want to stay in here? You can sit in front of me. Or on me if you'd like?"

Moon only smiled at his teasing boyfriend. "Raincheck? I have more work to do. I just wanted to see your pretty face."

Yuth nodded, then raised Moon's chin with his hand, giving the boy one last kiss. "Let's go somewhere for lunch?"

Moon nodded. "Okay. I'll see you then."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yuth's 27th birthday was nearing. Birthdays are supposed to be a celebration, but for him this one was a nearing doom.

Members of his parents' company finally believed that he was old enough to start running the company fully in his father's place. It would push back his godfather, Somchair, and all that the man worked for.

He knew that his fate was coming. Somchair would surely try to get rid of him like he did to his parents and Chimlin.

The members wanted to have a meeting before his birthday, but he knew he would never make it there if Somchair had anything to do with it. He didn't share his thoughts with anyone, and kept everyone in the dark about it. He wanted to figure out what to do on his own, and didn't want Moon to know who was really the cause of his mother's death. Surely the boy would try to take action, and Yuth couldn't have that. Not yet.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Moon waited for Yuth at the café near the office, but he never showed. Only a text would appear on Moon's phone.

I can't make it, I'm sorry. I'll see you at home tonight. I love you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That evening, right at dusk, Yuth entered Somchair's office. His godfather called for him, and he wanted to hear what the old man had to say.

"Yuth."

"Somchair."

"We used to be so close. Why didn't you tell me that you have someone now?"

Yuth tensed up. He didn't want Somchair to hurt Moon. "I didn't think you'd be interested. You've been so busy."

"Well we have to make preparations for you to take over, don't we?"

Yuth avoided the man's eyes, as he wasn't sure what kind of game Somchair was playing with him. "If you must."

"I didn't know you already spoke to the board members about it. I wish you would've talked to me first." He tilted his head and smiled at Yuth, who was only getting heated.

"I'm only taking what's rightfully mine."

"Of course." Somchair smiled, and it struck Yuth. How he could smile like that after killing so many people.

"If that's all...I'll be going." Yuth stood up and walked to the door.

"Be careful. Your family seems to get into trouble when they come into power." Yuth stopped for a second at the door to look back at his godfather.

I'll kill you soon. He thought, then turned and left the office.

Chatri was waiting for him in the car. Yuth slammed the door shut after he sat in the passenger seat. "Fuck!" He looked out the window and pressed his fist to his mouth.

"What happened?"

"He's up to something."

Chatri began driving, going back to the office for them to disperse for the day. "Let me know how I can help." He stopped at a red light, even though no one else was around. "Stupid light." Just like that, it turned green. Chatri pressed on the gas and proceeded driving.

As they entered the middle of the intersection, a bright light shown from the passenger side. Yuth turned to see two large headlights.