Chapter Twenty-Three: College Days

Moon was in the corner and he had Yuth in front of him, facing him as he hid.

Yuth had no idea what was going on, and was too out of it to question anything. He looked down at the boy, who was anxiously looking around. Moon had no idea what he was doing to Yuth's body and soul.

Every second that their bodies were so close, Yuth was finding it harder and harder to control himself. He grew frustrated with himself. Why couldn't he just focus? "What are you d-" Moon's hand went over his mouth.

Moon pointed to the side, and Yuth turned to see detectives talking to some teachers. "That's Nin."

Their mission would be compromised if she found them there. The boy grabbed Yuth's face and aimed it towards himself. Nin had looked their way and he was hiding both of their faces.

Nin saw two college kids in love, while in reality, that wasn't so different. Besides the fact that they weren't really in college, they were most definitely falling for each other.

Moon stared at Yuth's neck, trying not to look directly into his eyes. While Yuth, on the other hand, looked at Moon, wanting him to look up.

"Is she investigating Jay's disappearance?"

"I don't know. I haven't spoken to her since that night." Moon was nervous about it. Go figure she would be there of all days. Moon stayed looking away from his boss's face. Instead he peeked over Yuth's shoulder to see that Nin was leaving. He released Yuth's face, then pulled him by the hand.

Yuth followed behind the boy, looking him up and down while watching him from behind. He tried to ignore his own temptations in public. "Do we have to worry about her?"

Moon stopped and turned around. "What would you do if she was a threat to what you're doing?"

"That depends."

"On what?"

"How much she knows."

Moon was worried about that. His boss was probably hiding things that he would find out soon enough. But, he decided to trust the process and not make assumptions like everyone else. "Then I'll make sure she's not a threat."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Before walking into the classroom, Yuth reached behind him and held Moon for a second with one arm. "Don't say anything unless it's school related. Follow my lead."

Moon sat in the back with Yuth, planting himself next to his boss. Red was supposed to sit in front of them, and they watched for him closely. ....Or at least Yuth did. Moon was busy decorating a notebook for the class that they were pretending to take. He was doodling all over the front.

What in the world... Yuth thought to himself. He saw the boy's face concentrating on the design. How cute.

When Red entered, Yuth had to get back into character. He did what he did best and sat back into his chair, running his hands through his hair to redo his ponytail. When he looked up at Red, he leaned forward on the desk and raised an eyebrow.

Red's friends seated themselves first, but he was stuck on Yuth for too long. As Yuth expected, Red made one friend move so he could sit in front of Yuth. That's when Yuth knew he had Red in the palm of his hand.

Once the teacher entered, and the class began, Moon focused on her, while Yuth was still pulling his magic on Red, who was eating it all up.

Yuth was good at that game, too. He was good at reeling people in and tricking them. He couldn't help it. It was part of the mission.

Moon was going to ask Yuth for sticky notes, as he was a bit too much into his "college student" role. But once he saw how Yuth was being towards Red, something hit him. Something he hated to feel, and felt guilty for feeling. Jealousy.

It's just an act. He told himself to keep from getting angry. But if that was an act, then what was their relationship? An act, too?

He didn't fully believe Nin and her story about Yuth, but he felt an ugly feeling. When Yuth flirted with Red it seemed so real. Like when he pulled Moon close, or helped him with his button, or when he held Moon's hands.

But the nights he spent with Yuth in his bed felt different. It was the only thing Moon trusted to make him think Yuth did like him.

Overthinking at it's finest.

As Yuth was preoccupied with Red, Moon was becoming the class cutie. A group of three girls were huddled around him, chatting with him and gossiping.

In every class after that, Red sat on the other side of Yuth, while Moon was busy with his new friends.

"Max, can you help me with my homework later? I'll buy you lunch."

"Me, too! Have lunch with us."

Moon looked around nervously. When he realized Yuth was still talking to Red, he made up his mind. "Of course I'll help you."