Chapter Nineteen: Just In Time

Moon went to his apartment and started packing quickly so Yuth wouldn't have to wait long. He felt all bubbly and happy after his evening with Rune and Yuth. They made him feel like he belonged with them.

He folded clothes and placed them into his duffel bag. Then he went to get his other things from his restroom. When he was done, there was a knock at the door. It automatically locked when he entered, so he figured it was Yuth coming to help him carry things down.

"Coming!" As soon as he opened the door he knew he had left his guard down.

****TW: Abuse/violence****

Sakda was drunk, but he wasn't a sloppy drunk. He was a cold, heartless, and violent drunk. "I waited for you all night and day. Where were you?"

As Sakda stepped into the apartment, Moon stepped back. "You need to leave." His phone was on his bed, and he was trying to make it there to call Yuth.

Sakda caught a glimpse of the bag on the bed and chuckled. "Where are you running off to? You don't want to be with me?"

Moon rushed towards the bed, but his ex grabbed him by the back of his shirt and pulled him back. He pushed Moon against a wall and held him there by his neck. His hand felt cold against Moon's skin and a feeling of disgust came upon the boy. The hand began to squeeze, causing Moon to wince in pain.

"You don't love me anymore?" Sakda leaned into Moon's ear, then lowered his head to kiss his cheek when the boy shoved his chest as hard as he could.

Sakda stumbled back, in shock that Moon tried to fight back. "Don't fucking touch me!"

His ex had that look on his face. The one with pure hatred. The one he made before he beat Moon last time. Moon hadn't dared to fight back before, and it only made him angrier.

But before Sakda could take a step towards Moon again, he was hit in the back of the head. A vase was everywhere in a second, shattered, while Sakda was on his knees.

Moon looked up to see Yuth, out of breath. His boss kicked Sakda down, then got on top of him and punched him right in the face. It didn't stop there, though. He kept going.

Moon wasn't sure how to feel. It was like that night he beat up that rich snob all over again. Yuth wasn't stopping. As much as he wanted Sakda to get hurt, he knew Yuth needed to reel it in.

He got behind Yuth and grabbed his upper arms, pulling them back and up. "Stop!" When he pulled his boss up, he didn't recognize the man. Yuth's eyes were wide and angry, his jaw was locked and he was breathing only through his nose.

****Scene Over****

He searched for Yuth in his eyes but couldn't see the calm and rational man. "Everything is okay now."

Yuth broke their gaze and let out a deep breath as he put his hands on his hips.

Suddenly, at the door was a cop. Not just any cop, but Nin. "Don't move!" Moon turned halfway, realizing his friend was holding a gun. "I said don't move!"

"Nin..." She ignored Moon and walked past them to Sakda, who was trying to stand up behind Yuth.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sakda was in the back of Nin's cop car, while Yuth had gone back to his car, with Rune still sound asleep. Moon put his bag in the trunk, then walked over to Nin, who was patiently waiting to talk.

"Why didn't you call me? I had to get a call from him to come help." Moon didn't realize that Yuth had done that for him.

"I couldn't reach my phone, I'm sorry." There he was again, apologizing for something that wasn't his fault. Maybe he was sorry, not for that, but because if he reached his phone he wouldn't have thought to call her. He would've called Yuth.

"So you're staying with him now?" Nin was annoyed, but his answer wasn't going to help. He nodded slowly. "Watch your back." She quickly turned away from him and got into her car, driving away in a hurry.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As Moon fell asleep, Yuth was opening his eyes. He couldn't go to sleep, and stared at the boy in front of him. This is what he wanted so badly for the past year. He wanted to be this close to Moon and get to know him more.

He noticed the red marks on Moon's neck and felt sorry. He should've made it to the boy sooner. He should've known not to let him go up alone. He should've protected him better.