Chapter Nine: Close Encounter

Kas and Moon got their own office together, with their desks on opposite sides of the room, facing each other. They both brought stationary things and décor in their bags.

"Go get settled in and I'll come back with notes." Dao left the room and they practically ran to their desks, amazed.

Moon sat in his chair and spun around, taking it all in. Kas laughed at his friend and started taking out his supplies from home to make his space more home-y. "We finally made it."

They're bad people. Nin's words echoed in Moon's head. "Hey, have you heard of anything bad about this place before?"

Kas stopped to think. "No, why?"

"Just wondering." Maybe Nin was just messing around. Or maybe the company was involved in things that the cops had their eyes on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Right after lunch, Moon needed to give Mr. Bunchuai some paperwork.. It was his first, but certainly not his last, time in the boss' office. It was at the end of the hall, past his and Kasem's office, the copy room, and the break room.

Moon knocked twice on the door but no answer came. "Is he not back yet?" He looked around and decided to just go in to leave it on the desk.

He was amazed when he walked in. It was a large office, the desk at the end of the room, tons of books on shelves along one wall. The other wall had huge windows, looking down over the busy street and a nearby park. Moon looked outside in awe, looking down at all the pretty colors of the shops and buildings.

Suddenly the door opened and Moon had nowhere to hide. Not that he did anything wrong, he just automatically felt guilty of lingering. He just turned to the door and tried to act calm.

"Nice view?"

"Yes sir."

"You can stay a bit longer if you want." Yuth walked over to his desk and hung his jacket on the coat rack.

"I'm sorry, I was leaving, I just needed to drop this off." He held out a manila folder and Yuth took it, tossing it on his desk.

"Come here." He curled his finger towards himself.

"What?" Moon wasn't sure if he heard him right.

"Come closer," the man insisted.

Moon hesitated and Mr. Bunchuai wrapped his arm around his shoulder, putting a hand on his back to bring him forward. The younger boy's eyes grew wide, unsure of what was happening. His face stopped right in front of his new boss'. Mr. Bunchuai looked down slowly, then back up.

Moon gulped slowly, trying to avert his eyes elsewhere, but he kept coming back. His boss leaned down slightly to whisper in his ear. "Your fly is open."

Moon gasped and immediately covered himself with his hands. "Excuse me." He walked out as fast as he could, with his boss chuckling to himself.

When he was outside the doors he zipped up his pants before anyone else saw, then face palmed himself. Moon realized his heart was beating fast, and patted his chest to calm down.