Chapter Eleven: PTSD

***TW: ptsd/trauma response****

Yuth and Moon turned their attention to their left, watching a young man walk their way. Moon was on the right side of Yuth, thankfully. Nothing could’ve prepared him for what he saw.

Sakda.

“This is our son, Sakda.” The young man smiled and did the wai, paying extra attention to Moon. He noticed the boy frozen in place with wide eyes.

“It's so nice to finally meet you.” He smiled big at Yuth, but all Moon could see was his malicious grin that he last saw him with.

“The pleasure is mine.” Yuth didn’t know, of course. He never knew who had attacked the boy a year ago. Moon, however, was suffocating in Sakda's presence.

No one noticed, but Moon was falling apart inside. “Please excuse me.” He did the wai as he stepped away, walking as fast as he could to the restroom. There was no time to collect himself. His body was reacting.

He reached the last stall and threw up right away, flushing it down, hoping to flush his feelings away, too. His whole body felt horrible. He slumped over to sit on the floor, back against the wall, closing the door even though no one else was in there. “It's okay. It's going to be okay.” He tried to comfort himself, taking deep breaths while holding his head in his hands.

Tears started streaming down his face. How could this happen? How could Sakda be so close? He felt disgusting when his ex looked at him. He felt mortified when Sakda smiled at him. What if he did it again? What if he came for him again?

The door that Moon failed to lock swung open slowly, revealing Moon with his knees to his chest, holding them close with his head down. He dared not to move, afraid of being hurt.

He felt a touch on his shoulder and his body shuddered. His head shot up, only to be shocked. It wasn’t Sakda. It was his boss, squatting next to him with a hand on his shoulder. He looked at the hand, then back at Mr. Yuth. His emotions still running wild, and his body still shaking.

The hand moved to lift Moon's chin. Yuth knew at that point. He saw the boy's tears and knew what happened. He had finally found out who hurt his Pao so long ago. And he wanted to get revenge. But before he could, he wanted to get him out of there.

“Come.” His boss stood up and held his hand out. Slowly, Moon reached out and Yuth pulled him up. “Let's take you home.” He began to walk, but the boy stood frozen.

“No!” Moon surprised himself. He didn’t mean to talk back, but that’s how he felt. He took a few steps back. What if Sakda found his address? What if he followed him home later? “I..I can’t go there.”

Yuth thought for a second, then came back to Moon. His hands were on Moon's upper arms, rubbing them up and down to relax the boy. “Come with me then? Hmm?” His voice was so sweet and convincing.

Moon was surprisingly calmer with the man there. As he looked up he noticed Mr. Yuth’s soft smile. Usually he looked very provocative, but this was a nice side to see, too, at the right time. He looked down at Mr. Yuth’s hands, that moved to hold his hands, and was reassured.

“Okay.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yuth called for a driver and they were picked up through the back. He updated Chatri via text and only stated that he was taking Moon home early, and that they could stay as long as they wanted.

The driver put on music, but it fit the sullen mood. Moon tried to hide, facing the window, but Yuth could hear the whimpers and sniffling. He decided not to intervene. He would talk with the boy later. It wasn’t his place at the moment, only to provide privacy and comfort.

Once they arrived at Yuth's remote hideaway house, Moon wiped his eyes best he could. Yuth opened his door for him, guiding him into the house. Moon could wipe the tears, but the puffiness of his eyes stayed.

“You can stay in this guest room.” The boy looked around in amazement. Everything was so nice and the room was the size of his entire apartment.

“Thank you.” A part of Moon was ashamed that he intruded into Mr. Yuth’s home.  The other part of him was scared shitless and didn’t care.

Yuth came back later to give Moon a pair of pajamas. They were a bit too long, but the silk felt so nice against his skin. He would just be sleeping in them, and he wasn’t picky.

He felt comfortable enough to go to sleep right away, forgetting about what happened that night. Knowing that he was safe, or at least felt safe.