Chapter Thirty-Two: D-Day

**TW: language/guns**

Moon entered Somchair's office unannounced. The secretaries weren't paying attention, and he slid by unnoticed.

The older man was sitting at his desk, surprised by the company. He stood up and took off his glasses. "Well hello. Moon, right?" He held his hand out for them to sit in the comfy chairs next to the window.

Moon took a seat, then the man sat across from him in the other chair. "Yes sir."

"What's brought you here today? I'm afraid I wasn't expecting you."

Moon turned on his alternate ego. "I know you did it." He looked up at Somchair with only his eyes, looking right from under the bill of his cap.

"I'm sorry. I'm not sure..."

Moon stood up and pulled Yuth's gun out, pointing it at the man. "Why did you do it? You killed your close friends. You killed your godchildren. You killed my mother. Why?" His hands were shaking, but he focused as hard as he could on the man.

A grin appeared on Somchair's face, only making Moon angrier. "Your mother was collateral damage. The company helped you out, didn't we? I'd say we paid back out debt."

Moon's teeth were grinding as he heard the words coming from the man's mouth. "That's all she was worth to you? Money?"

"Money is everything, child. Once you realize that, your life will become much simpler."

"Is that why you killed the Bunchuai family? They didn't mean as much to you as money?" The boy couldn't believe what he was hearing. He couldn't believe people like Somchair actually existed.

"What's it to you?" The man tilted his head and smiled widely. "So what if I killed them? You lost...what exactly? Yuth was what to you? A dick to ride?"

Moon pointed the gun on Somchair's head. How dare he say something so foul. He cried at the amount of anger he was experiencing. "You don't get to say his name!"

"Really?" Somchair stood up slowly, causing Moon to hesitate. "I think I can say it all I want." The gun was aiming, but Moon wasn't pulling the trigger. The man walked closer as Moon took steps back, until he hit the wall, causing the boy to shoot.

Only nothing came out.

Before he could realize that the gun was jammed, Somchair had pulled out his own gun, and was holding it with one hand, aiming at Moon. "Would you like to say anything else before you die? You'll just be another cover-up."

Moon spit in his face. "Go to Hell."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*Same Day*

Yuth sat up quickly, gasping for air in the hospital bed. Time hadn't passed for him. The last thing he remembered was seeing the headlights headed towards him. He looked around, and a nurse ran to call for the doctor.

"Hello?" He waited for them to come back.

Soon, the doctor, a nurse, Chatri and Kiet were all surrounding him. "How does he look, doc?" Kiet patted his cousin's head.

"He should be fine. Maybe a little sore? Just take things easy for now."

The doctor left the room and Yuth got dressed. "What the hell happened?"

"Luckily I swerved, and the truck hit the back of the car. We rolled and I think they thought we were dead."

"It was Somchair, wasn't it? Just wait til I-"

"You've been dead for about two months now," Kiet interrupted.

Yuth paused, then looked up at them. "Dead?"

"You said you wanted to do something about Somchair, so we covered you up so you could come back and take care of him." He heard the words coming from Chatri's mouth, but couldn't comprehend what was happening.

"We held a funeral for you and-"

"You what?!" He looked at Kiet in shock. "No...it's okay." He gulped, then took a deep breath. "I need to see Moon."

"He's probably at home. He doesn't go out much these days." Yuth's heart was breaking at Kiet's words. He couldn't imagine what Moon was going through.

As they exited the hospital, Kiet called Kusa to find out where Moon was. "Kusa said he left in a hurry just a few minutes ago."

Chatri dialed the office to check, but Dao said the same thing. "Maybe Nin would know? She had lunch with him today."

Yuth called the cop quickly as they rode in Kiet's car.

"Hello?" Nin was confused as to why she was receiving a call from Yuth's number.

"Nin, do you know where Moon is?"

"What? Yuth?" She looked at her phone in shock. "How are you-"

"Nin! Where's Moon?"

"I-I don't know! I thought he went home. I didn't mean to upset him."

"Upset him? What did you say?"

"I told him about the rumors I had heard. They were saying that your godfather killed your family. They're just rumors, I didn't mean to get him worked up. He left me at the café."

"Yuth..." He looked at Kiet, who was on the phone with Kusa. "Kusa said your gun is missing."

"Nin, meet me at Somchair's office right now."