Chapter Thirty-Five: I Promise

Sun's wedding was in the summertime, at a venue in Bangkok that was perfect for a small, intimate gathering. They had invited their work friends, along with Moon and Yuth's coworkers, and old friends from school and college.

As Moon stood next to his brother, proud as ever that Sun was finally tying the knot, Yuth couldn't keep his eyes off the boy. He watched as Moon smiled happily for his brother and was touched deeply. He hoped that one day they would be the ones at the altar.

Rune was dancing with other children as Moon and Yuth conversed with other people. Sun introduced his brother and Yuth to everyone, making sure to brag extra about Yuth.

Moon was embarrassed, but happy that his brother fully accepted Yuth. The man hung on Moon the whole night, grabbing at his waist, hands, and even hung on his shoulders.

The evening had gone on so long that Yuth was tipsy, and Moon was exhausted from dancing and walking around. They sat at a table while everyone was dancing, so they could finally have some time to themselves. "What do you think?"

"I think this is the happiest I've ever seen my brother." Moon still couldn't get over how much their lives had changed.

"Do you think you could do it?"

"Do what?" He turned to Yuth and drank his water because he couldn't handle alcohol.

"Marriage?"

Yuth said it so casually, but Moon knew that the man meant it. "Mmm I don't think I could. I know I could. But only with you."

"Well I hope it would be with me."

"Mr. Bunchuai...are you asking me to marry you?"

"No. Of course not. Our time will come. And when it does you have to promise to say yes." Yuth tilted his head, staring at the boy with his drooping eyes.

"I promise." Moon placed his hand on the back of Yuth's neck and kissed the drunken man. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Pao."

Rune ran up to them, out of breath and chugging water. "Moon! Uncle Sun is so much fun!"

"Really?" Moon remembered that Sun wasn't always that fun. He was a stickler to the rules as a child. "I'm glad you like him."

"Is Uncle Sun my family, too, now?"

"He is." Moon smiled at the boy, ruffling the hair on his head playfully. "We're all your family now."

Yuth looked at his nephew and his boyfriend. How did he get so lucky?