Chapter 3. Realization of the Guilty.

Just like any other day, Cale Henituse was drinking and causing a commotion, it is because he got angry that the alcohol didn't taste good and threw a tantrum.

He was flinging things around and got stabbed on his side by a broken desk leg. This results in a deep wound on his side.

All the servants were alarmed when they saw their young master bleeding, though Cale Henituse might be the trash of the family. He is still the son of the Lord they are all serving.

His life was far more important than their lowly life as he is of noble blood. Aware of that fact, all the servants hurriedly rushed toward their young master to make sure he was alright.

"Young master!? Are you alright?.. Healer, quick call a healer!!"

Hans, the deputy butler in charge of taking care of Cale Henituse's meals, quickly supported his young master who was stumbling as he held the wound on his side.

"Young master, please sit down first."

The deputy butler tried to support Cale toward a chair. But before he could do anything, Cale immediately pushed him away.

" I'm fine. So don't you dare lay your dirty hand on me. I can stand by myself. "

Cale said with a scowl on his face. He then starts to walk toward the main entrance of the mansion. The servants tried to stop him a few times only to get a barrage of curses.

Hans was panicking as he watched the young master slowly walking to the door. He quickly heads toward the count's study to inform the incident.

But by the time the Count and Hans arrive at the hall, Cale already left the mansion. The Count and servant quickly ask the guard if they have seen the young master.

The guard could only bow deeply toward the Count as he failed to stop the young master from leaving. The Count was worried about his eldest son's well-being he hurriedly commanded the guards to search for his son.

The guards form a team of four and start searching for their Young Master. But even after turning the territory upside down, they couldn't find even a strand of his red hair.

Count Deruth Henituse started to get anxious as he heard his vassals report his missing son. There should not be any place in the Henituse territory that Cale could use to hide as all the guards and the residents know him.

Deruth thought about where his son would be hiding. The guard had already searched all the bars that Cale frequently went to, but he was not there.

At this point, Deruth realizes he doesn't know anything about his son Cale, other than the fact about his son's current trashy behavior and when he was still a child before his mother's, Deruth's wife's passed away.

But after the loss of his wife, Deruth stops paying attention to Cale and buries himself with the territory work. Since then, the harmonious relationship between the father and son started to crack.

A year after his wife passed away, Deruth fell in love with the current Countess Violan Henituse. At first, he hesitated to marry her because he was afraid that Cale could not accept the fact that his father had found a replacement for his mother.

But much to his surprise, Cale accepted his decision without much thought. He is thankful for his son's thoughtfulness so much that he takes it for granted.

As time pass, the crack in their relationship seems to only grow large to the point he doesn't even know when Cale starts to change.

The more Deruth thinks about it, the more he starts to feel guilty. He fails to notice that he neglects his greatest gift in life, his lovely son. All because he was afraid he would remember about his dead wife every time he sees his son.

He knows his precious son did nothing wrong, but because of his cowardliness, his son has to suffer the feeling of loneliness. His young precious son.

Now Deruth felt so hopeless, he knows no matter how hard he tried to search for Cale right now he won't find him because he know nothing about his son, only one person know Cale's whereabouts and he is also the only person who knows Cale the best.

That's why Deruth hurriedly calls that person to his study.

Knock, knock.

" Come in."

"Did you call for me, my lord?"

" Hah... Yes, Ron."

Ron Molan. The butler has been by his son's side since he was born. Although Ron and his son Beacrox Molan's identity is a mystery, the count and his previous wife trusted the old man as he never did any harm to the county.

Especially his deceased wife, she trusted the old man in taking care of their son even after she passed away, that's why Deruth could only hope Ron would be able to find his son.

"Ron, have you heard about what has happened this afternoon?"

"Yes, my Lord, I shall go and bring the Young Master back home."

" So you know where my son would be?"

" Yes, my Lord."

" Where is he?"

" The Henituse Family graveyard, my Lord."

The count flinches as he hears the old butler answer. He knows why his son would be there and why the guard was not able to find him.

The Henituse Family graveyard is forbidden for anyone other than the Henituse family and those who have permission from the head family to enter. Over the years, there's rarely anyone who would enter the place except for the graveyard keeper.

Seeing as his son was there, Deruth knows very well that Cale has been visiting the place frequently. There is only one reason for Cale to be there after what happened.

He was seeking his mother's comfort. The more he thought about how Cale would go to his deceased wife every time he was upset for comfort, the more Deruth felt ashamed of himself.

He was so focused on his work and the new family that he forgot that his eldest son is still young. Even right now, he is still a child, Cale was only 18 years old, barely an adult.

"Hah... Ron, please bring Cale back and make sure to treat his wound as soon as possible."

" Yes, Sir."

With that short response, Ron quickly takes his leave to bring his puppy Young Master home. As soon as the door closed, the count covered his face with his palm, and a single tear dripped down onto the table.

' I'm sorry, Jour, I have let you down. I have neglected our treasure, our proof of love. I failed as a husband and a father. I shall ask for our son's forgiveness even if he hates me.'

That evening, the count regrets his actions as he swears to redeem his actions and asks his son's forgiveness.

***

Follow for more!