Chapter 46. Let's Talk I.

After they finish their food, Cale decided to take the children out for a walk to ease their mind and for a change of environment.

They had been camping out and staying inside of the carriage all this time, that they couldn't run around nor play around in their cats form.

Cale was sure the children were bored and exhausted by the rough and long journey.

“H-hyung, I'm going to bring the children out for a walk. Do you want to join us?“

Although Cale was still embarrassed by the sudden confession Kim Rok Soo made last night, he still asked the older man whether he would like to join him.

That is because he was trying to hide the fact that he was feeling awkward and avoiding the man in front of the children.

“I would love to, but there's something I need to do, so you guys go first. I'll join you later.“

Cale secretly huff a sigh of relief when the man is not joining them, and it's seems his hyung also realised that he was feeling awkward and avoiding him.

“Oh, okay.. w-we'll get going then. Let's go, kids.“

After saying goodbye to his hyung, Cale quickly heads out of the Inn with the children, Ron, and a few knights, while making sure not to make it obvious that he was avoiding his hyung.

This all started when Cale woke up and realised that his hyung, Kim Rok Soo, had confessed his love to him.

Cale felt confused and bothered by the strange butterfly feelings he got every time he remembered what had happened last night.

This is his first time feeling this kind of emotion.

At one moment, he was feeling shy, embarrassed, and happy, but then, at the same time, he felt awkward, nervous, and worried.

Cale never felt such a messy bundle of emotions in his life before.

The only time Cale was in such a mess was when he lost his mother, but at that time, all he was feeling were sad and depressed emotions.

He was in conflict.

'Hyung loves me. But is what I'm feeling toward hyung the same as his feelings toward me? I like him but is it the same?'

However, right now, Cale was feeling both happy and confused. Cale knows that he likes his hyung, but he is not sure whether what he is feeling is the same as the older man.

That's why he decided to go take a walk with the children. He needs to use this time to clear his mind and think about their relationship. 

=========

“Choi Han, let's talk.“

After watching his sweetheart and the children leaving the Inn, Kim Rok Soo calls out the black haired man standing behind him and headed towards the stairs leading to the second floor where his room is located.

It's been almost a month since they met.

Kim Rok Soo believe it is time for them to talk to each other about the situation they both experienced as transmigrators, considering the future event's where he needs the main character help to prevent them.

In order to keep his peaceful slacker life with his sweetheart and the children.

There's a lot of things he needs to explain to Choi Han, but the truth about this world being a novel should never be revealed to the man.

Kim Rok Soo plans to answer all Choi Han questions truthfully and give him a few information about the future before sending the black haired man on his way to save the world as the main character.

And with hope in his heart, he wishes the scary Molan's father and son would follow along with the main character on his journey.

When they arrived at his room, Kim Rok Soo made his way towards the table beside the window and pointed to the seat in front of him for Choi Han to sit down.

Once he sat down, neither of them said anything as they silently both lost in their own thoughts.

“Kim Rok Soo-nim, how..“

After a few minutes passed by, Choi Han was the first to say something, only to be cut off by the other man before he could finish his words in a language he hadn't heard for a long time.

[A/N: Both of them are speaking in Korean.]

I know there's a lot of things you want to ask, but for now, I'll answer only five questions.

Kim Rok Soo firmly said so towards Choi Han as they stared at each other in silence.

He knows how much Choi Han had suffered over the years as he was suddenly transmigrated into this world when he was only a teenager.

The place he had ended up in was a place where all kinds of monsters resided in. The struggle Choi Han had to endure in order to survive in the forest of darkness is hard to imagine even for himself.

However, that does not mean he should tell Choi Han the truth. Kim Rok Soo believes some things should be kept hidden rather than being told if it's for the good.

Right now, Choi Han is a bit unstable. Behind the bright, youthful face of his hides, a despair that no one could imagine. 

Having lived a long time in a dangerous forest can make anyone turn insane but the person in front of him held on for years to survive.

But just when he found a light after years of fighting in the darkness by meeting the kind people of Harris village, Choi Han once again fall into despair and misery when the villagers were massacred by the unknown people who attack the village.

For the first time, he killed a human being, coated in completely madness from anger and anguish.

Choi Han slashed and killed every single one of them without stop, only to be left in utter emptiness when he came to his senses and realised what he had done.

That day, Choi Han sheds tears once again after a long time.

Kim Rok Soo stared at Choi Han youthful face as he recalled the beginning of the novel [The Birth of a Hero] that started from the main character losing his second home and loved ones.

At the time, Kim Rok Soo first read the novel he only thought that it was a cliche opening fantasy novel, and for him, Choi Han was only a character made from fiction.

But now that he was sitting face to face with Choi han whose breathing and alive, Kim Rok Soo realised how cruel the story was.

***

Follow for more!