Chapter 6. Meetings II.

When they arrived at the gate of the mansion, Cale was unconscious. Ron immediately leads Kim Rok Soo toward his young master bedroom.

Once they entered the room, Kim Rok Soo slowly lay Cale down on the bed while Ron quickly called for the healer.

Cale's body was trembling, and sweat dripped down from the side of his pale face. He was drowning in discomfort as his body temperature rose. Although they have just met, Kim Rok Soo was concerned about Cale when he saw how much Cale was in pain.

He wipes the sweat on Cale's forehead and caresses his soft red hair. Kim Rok Soo was frowning because the healer is taking so long to arrive.

Just when he was about to go for the healer himself, the door burst open, and serval people came rushing in.

"CALE!"

The first one to reach Cale is his father, Deruth Henituse. He quickly kneels beside the bed and holds his son's hand. The look on his face was full of concern and worry.

His eyes were full of fear at the thought of losing his son the same way he lost his deceased wife. He started to cry as he held his son's hand.

" Cale... Sob... Cale, my son.. sob"

" Deruth, calm down. He's going to be fine if you just calm down and let the healer do her job, okay?"

Countess Violan, who comes after Deruth, pats her husband on the back and orders the healer to start treating her stepson.

Once the healer gets to work. Cale's complexion gradually returns to normal. He no longer trembles, and colours slowly return to his pale face.

After the wound on his side had completely healed, Deruth stopped sobbing. He caresses his son's hand as he looks lovingly at Cale.

Kim Rok Soo, standing on the other side of the bed, observes Cale's father. He remembered that the novel vaguely mentioned this man. Count Deruth Henituse is a strong man with both powers and wealth.

He is also a husband and a father who fails to understand both his deceased wife and firstborn son.

But he never fails to protect them. His deceased wife, Jour Henituse, was a family of Baron Thames. The Thames family is a family of researchers many people sought after their knowledge. The Royal Families are one of them.

He protects his wife with his powers and wealth that even the Royal Families hesitate to mess with, and the same thing could be said with his son, Cale.

After the healer gave her confirmation that the wounds were treated and Cale would be fine after resting for a few days, the other people noticed that an unfamiliar man was standing beside Cale's bed.

The moment Deruth realizes Kim Rok Soo's existence, he lets out a cough and fixes his composure. He looks over to the old butler Ron, who is standing by the door.

Ron, who receives the stare, immediately puts on his benign smile and introduces the man to his lord.

" This sir, here is young master Cale's friend, Kim Rok Soo-nim. He's the one who found the young master and helped me bring him home."

As soon as they heard the old butler's explanation, they were shocked. Although they were suspicious of Kim Rok Soo's identity, they were more shocked at the fact that Cale had a friend.

None of them knew of this, and it seems the one closest to Cale, his butler, Ron also hasn't heard of Cale having a friend since he spoke like it is his first time meeting this man.

The others start to look at the man with a cold stare. But quickly retracted their gaze from the man as they saw the head of the house. Their lord, Deruth, approached Kim Rok Soo with a smile on his face.

Deruth extended his hand toward Kim Rok Soo for a handshake, which Kim Rok Soo received.

" Hello, nice to meet you, I'm Cale's father, Deruth Henituse."

" Yes, sir. Nice to meet you, too. I'm Kim Rok Soo. Young Master Cale's friend."

Kim Rok Soo answers respectfully as he shakes Deruth's hand.

" Thank you for taking care of my son. This is the first time I've ever met Cale's friend as his father, I am ashamed that I haven't heard about you from Cale."

Although the way Deruth spoke seems like he truly felt sorry for not knowing about Kim Rok Soo from Cale. His eyes that were observing him were sharp. What's scared Kim Rok Soo the most is that the hand that was holding his own was firm with no intention of letting go.

Kim Rok Soo could only put on a wary smile. When he was about to speak, a groan took their attention.

Cale's eyes slowly open as he groans. Seeing as his son was waking up, Deruth let go of Kim Rok Soo's hand and headed toward his son.

When Cale fully regained his consciousness, the first thing he saw was his father's worried face.

Cale was startled for a moment, since even when he caught a fever after he lost his mother, his father, Deruth never once comes to check on him and keep on burying himself with the territory work.

The only time he did come to see him was when he introduced the current Countess, Violan, Cale's stepmother. After that, he would either be working or be with his new family.

It would be a lie if Cale said he did not resent his father's actions. But at the same time, he was rather happy to see his father back to his previous self even if it broke him a bit to see his father happy without him.

Cale started to feel uncomfortable with all the concerns and attention directed at him. He felt like crying because when he needed their affection, they weren't there.

But now that he lost all hope to be loved, they came. It pains him so much that his eyes start to sting, but he holds on to his tears.

' Why?... Why now when I already let go of those useless hope?... '

His heart aches every time he remembers each time he was waiting in the dining room to eat with his father or every time he saw the four of them enjoying their time with a smile on their face but lost those smiles as soon as they saw him.

It hurt him so much that he quickly turned his head away from his father so that Deruth wouldn't see his pained eyes. But the moment he turned his head to the other side, Reddish-brown eyes met each other.

The owner of the other eyes was Kim Rok Soo, the first person to ever care about him after he lost his mother. He was looking at him with those calm and deep eyes.

Cale felt as though he was falling into a deep void full of comfort as he slowly started to feel relaxed. He didn't know why, but seeing the other man makes him happy.

His eyes, which were full of sadness a moment ago, are now shining. His lips slowly form into a sweet smile as he looks over Kim Rok Soo with obvious happiness.

The others who saw this view widened their eyes, especially Deruth and Ron. They had seen Cale smile sweetly like this a long time ago. Cale used to smile like this toward the person whom they both knew. Cale was missing the most.

It was his mother, Jour Henituse, and after she passed away, Cale lost those beautiful smiles. But now they are seeing it again as he smiles toward the man who Cale claim to be his friend.

Thump.

Kim Rok Soo, who received the beautiful smile from the red-haired, could feel his heart skip a beat. He was dazzled by the beautiful view as his hand unconsciously extended toward the redhead's face and caresses his cheek.

His eyes started to soften when he saw Cale's action the next second. Cale was confused about Kim Rok Soo's action, but he let him be because he thought the other man was trying to check his temperature as he pressed his cheek to the other man's hand.

Neither both of them said anything as they both were enjoying each other touches. But little did they know, the other people around them are watching their interaction with wide eyes.

***

Follow for more!